Second Car - A reply

Hiya,

Didn't intend to offend anyone re my post about using an old banger under third party cover. I did not realise it was illegal to do so and I certainly would not do it if it wasn't legal.

I never suggested that I would want to break the law, and had I known it was illegal the idea wouldn't have passed my mind.

Thank you for your information though :)

Grant Williams.

Reply to
Grant Williams

Go here and all is forgiven:

:)

-- Chet

Chet

I wasn't offended. I might have seemed so, but that was so you'd pay attention. Car insurance is one of those things you just don't mess with

- a bunch of pikeys might somehow manage to get away with it, but real people get nicked, fined, hurt (in accidents), and generally screwed over if they don't get insurance.

Seriously. If you have a budget of £1,000 (and what are you doing with that kind of money if you're a student, eh?! Should be drinking it!), and your main car is insured in your name, then a cheap Group 1/2 car, classic policy if you're old enough, but even a full policy without NCB should be around £500 on something like a Panda/Corsa. You get to build up two lots of NCB, too, which can be useful - but always keep track of it. I lost my second lot somewhere when I changed insurers.

When I was a student, I had a couple of very nice cars, like a Fiat X1/9, and crappy things, like Citroen Dyanes. The Dyane carried 5 students, 7 at a push (and it needed pushing with that many people in it), and I never worried about it being damaged.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

you can do anything when you are of no fixed abode with no bank account. except get finance, and broadband :)

Reply to
Theo