seen this?

what do you think?

and no "kill him, throw him in jail, break his legs, deport him" nonsense please

Reply to
nooneyouveeverheardof

I get the distinct impression you meant to attach a link..... :)

Reply to
Max Hamlet

ah shit!

Reply to
nooneyouveeverheardof

Where do you get a 3.5 litre Golf VR6?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

apparently there was a school on that road the road was 800 yards long

Reply to
nooneyouveeverheardof

and it was 10 pm on a Saturday or so I've been informed (reliably)

Reply to
nooneyouveeverheardof

should have had this bit in the post:

IMO he's either absolutely ignorant of how long a car takes to stop at speed or he's a bloody idiot. He'd have something like 125 on the speedo. The stopping distances at 116 are more or less 10 times the stopping distances at 40. It sounds like it's probably a dual carriageway with houses either side, so that probably means street lights, and not using your full beams. You just can't see far enough to avoid pedestrians.

Someone ought to have a look at the theory side of the driving test IMO. I seem to remember needing to know your stopping distances up to 70, but nothing above that. People don't seem to realise that stopping distances square when speeds double.

Reply to
Doki

but it's the amount of people that they caught doing well over the speed limit that worry's me if the road is so fast thenwhy is it posted as a 40? because there's a school on it?

Reply to
nooneyouveeverheardof

How does he think he's going to convince anyone that he is 'remorseful'? Presumably nothing bad happened apart from his breaking the speed limit and if he hadn't been caught I doubt if he would feel remorseful, quite the opposite, he'd be sitting in his hospital bed bragging to his mates about it.

Reply to
Mark W

Heh. I always suspected it :)

Reply to
Lordy

But was it "dangerous driving" - I guess it was daytime so there'd be people around.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

ahhh so the school would be shut.... that makes it ok then.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Doki > Someone ought to have a look at the theory side of the driving test

Do they??

Any evidence to prove that reality follows theory on this one?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

is funnier

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Heh - i was well impressed :)

Reply to
Dan405

You'd have to do a survey of newly passed drivers I suppose.

Reply to
Doki

but dangerous for who? him? the guy who he might have hit? the most important question is that, given he's only got 800 yards to get to the speed he's got to and then slow down again, there was no one else on the road at the time or else he would have been slowed down sufficiently there isn't enough information to go on, and eve the stuff that we do have is conflicting so it's just a question of what has he got under the bonnet :)

Reply to
nooneyouveeverheardof

Heh, that would be quite cool. I actually had a look on some sites after seeing that one to see if it was available.

Speaking of a completely different subject, just noticed this whilst looking for a cheap digital camera for my parents;

How completely and utterly sad :)

Reply to
Lordy

And how the hell does he expect to sell them if he doesn't include some sample shots, eh?

I mean, she could be a right munter.

Reply to
SteveH

Some people go for that kind of thing tho :)

Reply to
Lordy