Sera replacement? 3.0i Supra?

Playing with ideas for another car, since I did 3,000 miles in my Beetle in 2 months and it's a 10Kpa contract.

Been offered a tidy Supra 3.0i Auto (non Turbo), likely to be around £1,000-1,500. I like it. Any alternatives? Can't find a BMW 6-series, Monza or anything else similar for similar money.

Certainly seems to be a nice car...

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Lancia Beta Volumex. Just about available in decent condition for that kind of money.....

But what you really need is a £300 Nissan Primera to run into the ground ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Hello! Not seen you here for a while....

Supra. Do it. You know you want to. Plus it'll make you realise how naff the beetle is ;-)

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Can't be that naff - I've done 3,000 miles in it despite having the Sera and Scorpio to hand ;)

I'm actually very convinced by it, it's comfortable, reliable, and not too bad on fuel for a modern car. Bit slow, of course. The unspoken option is increase my mileage allowance, of course - then I wouldn't worry. IIRC it was £30 per month to double it to 20Kpa, which is what, £660 for two years? Would my second car work out so cheap? ;)

Supra is nice. However, I'm still missing my Golf GTI. I need reliable, and Supras seem to suffer head gasket failures, though mostly tuned/turbo.

I haven't been around since my PC expired; it still sort of works, but I only read news on my Powerbook, outside of working hours, instead of reading news when working - since news and email are now separate applications. I'm utterly over to Macs now; my G5 has acquired another

2Gb RAM and RME DSP audio card, plus should be getting a little application called 'Shake!' for video editing/compositing, and when I can afford to, I'll be putting a nice friendly iMac in the office. I tried getting Linux on the PC, but it's such a hassle to configure for all the possibilities.

That, and I've been incredibly busy for some reason :/

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Replacement for a Sera? Well a Reliant Kitten would be an upgrade .

Semi serious, mhmm, Celica, no thanks it just shouts "twonk" at the world. I'd love a 280Z but I guess I'll have to settle for the new Z car, cost a bit more than 1.5K though. Get a nice jag XJ40 4.0 or 3.6, you'll never drool over JapScrap again.

Reply to
Steve Firth

find a nice celica supra, I love em.

Reply to
Theo

Only because he will always be in the garage fixing it.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

As much as I want to ridicule someone who didn't just buy a Beetle Cabrio but likes it as well, 30 quid/mth is next to nothing... I'd do that. I bet the fact it has 40k instead of 20k will only make a few hundred quid difference in its resale value anyhow. After all, there'll be lots of pikey scum after a Beetle Cabrio in two years time, kinda like the current owners of Escort, Golf and Astra cabrios now...

3.0 non turbo should be utterly reliable. Not cheap to run though

Thinking of getting a G4 ibook for everyday stuff (mail/news, WP, internet etc) and because it's more family friendly, and it'll get the kids off my PC.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

'ere, you must be making this up! ;-)

Reply to
Scott M

Because I'll still be pushing it home?

I've considered an XJ40, but.. no. A nice XJ40 is almost an oxymoron, and definitely is pre 1990. I hate rust.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Sometime shortly after watching an episode of Miami Vice ?

Reply to
Lordy

pmsl :d

Reply to
Theo

HAHAHAHAHAH !

Reply to
Nom

Miami Vice? Whassat? I'll have you know that is the latest suit from Canada, and my transportable telephone is the best GSM technology; a new digital cellular network. My watch is a new GB101 Swatch, from an up and coming Swiss Watch manufacturer. Waterproof, too.

(Or it could be the 80s night at the Whitby Gothic Weekend. What they don't know is that I really do dress like that. ;) ).

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick