Shame it is so much dearer than petrol

Elder gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

A 9-3 with 'merkin-style "styling". No wonder it sold like last week's newspaper.

If you can find one at all, that "1 year old" one will turn out to be three years old. They only built 'em very briefly, then stared at the stockpile for a couple of years. Most of the ones they did shift in the UK went to rental companies. God knows how little they paid.

Reply to
Adrian

These are the ones on offer from the only UK franchise.

't know what the hell Stratstone thought they were getting into.

Reply to
Elder

Looks like still available new too.

Elder

Elder gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

2006/06-reg, with a choice of
Reply to
Adrian

2.8T V6? Vectra VXR/Saab engine?
Reply to
DanB

You can still get the new ones though. And for =A31k more, you can get one with 1200 miles on it.

That will be warrentied and it will be no worse than a similar aged 9-3=20 diesel (and you know all the 9-3 diesels will be have been contract hire=20 cars).

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Elder

"DanB" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

It _is_ a Saab 9-3, so - yep.

Reply to
Adrian

Is too.

The majority of ZTs are on at least 18s...

Reply to
DervMan

Oh, you're looking at the Ripspeed specials ;-)

You just can't compare a modern R-Design Volvo with even a ZT.

Rover did an OK job of trying to make the 75 sporty, but it still looks and feels like an old giffer car.

The V50 is very nicely Swedish minimalist inside, IMHO.

Reply to
SteveH

So, wait there, the R-Design with a bodykit and big wheels is good, but it seems any other car (my new Clio, the MG ZT-T) with any added bits is a 'Ripspeed special' ? Glad we got that cleared up.

Reply to
DanB

You've not driven a ZT then.

Reply to
DervMan

Some cars can carry it off, some cars look like they've been driven through Ripspeed.

HTH.

The ZT is such a bizarre car.

Exterior looks OK, although the bodykit and wheels look a tad aftermarket - I think it's the combination of colour coding *everything* and sticking mesh in the holes that does it.

But the interior - what the f*ck were they thinking?

There are some truely shocking colour combinations out there - cream dials, cream leather and wood steering wheel, wood dash, cream door panels and navy / black seats?

*shudder*

I know they tried to do 'retro', but it just looks horrible - totally over-styled.

Mind you, I've rejected the idea of a 5-series because BMW tried too hard with the interior.

Reply to
SteveH

Looks maybe. You need to drive some. I reckon point to point it's better handling (but harsher riding) than a 156 with similar power. Even in comfort / pipe / slippers trim (mine was on 16s) the handling was well sorted if a bit rolly.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Oh I doo like my base spec E class, no-one can take the piss out of it.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

That's cos it's so boring, we can't bring ourselves to think about it.

Reply to
DanB

Simply this, the 75 isn't selling, we've got loads of parts left in stock and on order, so we stick bits on the outside and just leave the inside the same.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Sitting in one was enough to tell me I really didn't want one.

If I wanted a Gentlemans' Club on wheels, I'd have a Jag - at least they can largely carry it off without making it look as though they're trying just a bit too hard.

Reply to
SteveH

Dude have you sat in an R-Design yet?! With the white and black interior? It's hardly subtle hehe!

Reply to
DanB

In the tradition of internet groups, I declare the Mercedes Benz W211 E class as the best car in the world. Problem with that is everyone already knows it, apart from the 5 series drivers.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Problem is after driving both I chose the Rover, better ride and handling despite the lack of AWD.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp