She's started modding it already

Siani's 2CV6. (Anyone want a Scorpio for £425/£500 with the tax left on?). It's a grey Charleston, and is already getting a massive box o' bits from ECAS or whatever the place is.

I've got to fit a stereo of sorts to it; something which I can hook the iPod up to (current thinking is an amp with speakers).

I keep trying to think of drawbacks to the 2CV, but can't really. Sure, it's old and rusty, but it also appears to be semi-infinitely replaceable - the expense of buying one compared to other cars seems to be irrelevant when you can spent about £2,000 and end up with a practically new car.

So, now got to work out if buying a new windscreen surround (NOS I think) is worth it, given what must be some effort to fit.

I'm just enjoying the RX8 now the suspension is sorted. Very relaxed, comfortable car - but no iPod connection because Mazda have once again mucked around with the firmware, and the adaptors don't work. The extent of mods on that are stainless strakes and possibly - planned, but I'm worried it might not happen, is a stainless number-plate lowering kit. And the aforementioned iPod connection, when they sort it. Unless I can find a LHD driver's cloth seat to get the height adjustment from.

The Sera plans are being pinned down to an OTT Kenwood DDX with GPS and tuner/ipod (basically, all the stuff, set up with the factory surround speakers as 5.1 digital surround) - though if people keep on tempting me with Mk 1 MX5s I am going to go mad.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I'd be interested to see what you do. I've thought of having something similar i.e. ditching a head unit, but I might miss 909MW for the footy. FM can stick it. Loads of identikit stations playing overly compressed crap. I don't have an iPod as such, it's an iRiver, so I just need a 3.5mm jack or phono in.

I really don't think a nitrous oxide surround is worth it unless you have e.g. an Impreza.

I could live with an MX5.

Reply to
Antony Gelberg

Is a 2CV6 a 2CV with a V6 in it? Cos like, that sounds quite amusing :-) And if it isn't, it should be!

Reply to
DanTXD

Very good sir.

I'd prefer a rotary. I suppose if one got an Ami M35, it might be possible, too.

(6, I think, refers to 602cc rather than 425cc in the 2CV4/Dyane 4?).

Richard

Reply to
RichardK