shite but i wanted it

sold a car older than me at work today!

it was a 1981 fiesta 1.1 L in typical 80's brown with browny orange seats (mmm nice) and with no headrests (crash protection didn't exist then i guess) it was so clean! not a mark on it i swear it could have left a ford show room today and be sold as new! it only had a genuine 42,000 on the clock and all the MOT's confirm this going way way back too!

we sold it for more than a R reg fiesta 1.25 haha which did make me smile. total of 300 odd quid! i was tempted to buy it and stick the thing in my garage for another 20 odd years!

still never mind i keep telling myself it'll be great for a week or 2 till i got over it's amazing condition and saw what it really is. a s**te old ford :)

Reply to
Vamp

How many engines you think it's been through?

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

2? 3?
Reply to
Sandy Nuts

None.

The Kent OHV is well over engineered, and will put up with all manner of abuse.

More to the point, something in as good a condition as the one above, and with that low a mileage 26 years down the line, has obviously been owned by an old duffer who's never thrashed or abused it.

Vamp... what's the score with buying motors off where you work - are they outed at an auction house, or do you just invite a load of traders in to bid on the premises?

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Back to my point then, no Nikasil issues then ;-)

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

ROFL

Reply to
jackhackettuk

No but then it won't last long on normal unleaded either !

Reply to
Geoff

You'll probably find it will.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

My last one didn't, tho that may have been down to the crack in the block, the valve seats were quite pitted mind.

Reply to
Geoff

if you've got a site, a vat number and a uti bill to confirm address your free to bid but it's pretty much sold as seen and it's a closed bid affair with the reserves coming from (the overly stupid pricing of) CAP rather than glasses

Reply to
Vamp