sierra cossies

285BHP from a Sierra Cosworth is "loony"? Are you sure all the spark plugs are in? A bit piss poor IMO especially when this months Retro Ford has a Cossie Turbo powered MK2 Escort outputting 836BHP.
Reply to
Conor

From a supercharged Xr4x4, he said. Still not huge power output for a blown 2.8 (2.9?), but a lot more than the standard (150Bhp IIRC), and enough to shift a 1300kg car fairly well, I'd have thought.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Sorry, my bad. Got Cossies in my head for some reason.

Aye, tis a tad better than the 160BHP of the original.

1300kg though? The Capri the engine was originally in was 250KG lighter. I know which I'd rather put the motor in.
Reply to
Conor

Yeah, the Sierra! It'd totally outhandle the Capri... I'd still have the Capri though, but put a chevy small block or a Ford 5.0 in , blow it and put it on the drag strip...

Reply to
Abo

You coming on Sunday dude?

Reply to
Iridium

Want.

Not that I've appreciated the qualities of Jagwar (OK, yes I'm getting old!), my fantasy lottery win runabout has become a Series 3 Daimler Double Six with the 6.0 HE slotted in. Oh, and a supercharger of course.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ever seen the engine bay of a jag with a v12 in it. You'd be hard pressed to fit a gnats dick in there.

Fraser

PS Though I have seen one twin turboed. The pipework was insane to say the least.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Hope so. My inadvisably taken on major DIY project is lagging quite a way behind schedule, so if I can make progress on sat then I should be free, otherwise I might not be able to make it. Also, and apparently just to piss me off, I think the clutch in the primula is on the way out, so if I do come, it will probably be by mighty french diesel power...

Anyway, hopefully I'll see you all in a few days.

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I think a boggo Sierra was only about 1100kg, so presumably the difference was down to the 4x4 plus the weight of the boat anchor lump.

Reply to
Albert T Cone