Sig Change Full Details

Right, full details:

VW Passat, 1.8T, 20V SE.

130k miles, full VW service history. 12 month ticket, warranty. Climate, premium audio pack. Drives like new.

Problems:

It's non-metallic dark green and it's on steel wheels.

However, for £1995, I can't complain :-)

Reply to
SteveH

I probably did. But the full set of VW dealer stamps re-assured me. And they're not faked up, 'cos they're from 3 different dealers.

It's also a VW Passat, which, as cars go, is about as bullet-proof as you can get.

Reply to
SteveH

Why would you want to spend 2k on a car with over 100k miles (I'm sure=20 you said this to me)

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

They aren't bad motors, and it's a fair price. What year? Is it one of those with the coil pack issues?

Can you hear the turbo whistle up, it's addictive you know.

Grrrr crap quote shit OE!

anyway it's a 98R he told me :) and yes they did have coil issues but at that millage it must be ok/replaced i'd say.

wasn't your GT4 about that price? and also a pretty bullet proof motor ;)

Reply to
Vamp

They aren't bad motors, and it's a fair price. What year? Is it one of=20 those with the coil pack issues?

Can you hear the turbo whistle up, it's addictive you know.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

1998R.

Aye, but at that age / mileage it'll be sorted now.

Only a tad - at the traffic lights, I thought I'd stalled, it was so quiet! But once you put your foot down, you can hear it spooling up - from about 2k rpm, ISTR.

Reply to
SteveH

It was =A31750, and I was ready to spend about =A3400ish on things like=20 getting a test aircon recharge, and getting the rear diff bush changed.

Need to find the right garage though as Toyota was over =A3300 parts and=20 labour, been told it can be done with an hours labour and a part that=20 can be picked up grey import (still in Toyota packaging) for about =A365,= =20 or =A398+VAT from Toyota themselves. It isn't terminal yet, but I can=20 still feel it getting slightly worse. Oh and there is exhaust manifold=20 leak, but I can't find exactley where it is leaking from, even with the=20 eatshield out of the way, and judging by the way it is drinking fuel, I=20 think the Lambda might be on the way out, but that is a quick fix (=A330=20 for a universal 4 wire one, and 30 mins with a soldering iron to mount=20 it on the factory connector).

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Coil pack problems started on 2001+ models on the 1.8T VAG

Reply to
Ronny

ah i remember my dads old passat 1.8T, that was on a V plate and was a damn fine car! wish my MR2 turbo spooled at 2k instead of 3k. maybe a ball bearing hyrbrid could sort it :)

Reply to
Vamp

Bad form, but I have a small pic of it:

SteveH

Unlikely to get stolen then...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

This is true.

To be honest, I don't care about the wheels, it's tool to get to and from work. Which it will do, reliably and rapidly.

Reply to
SteveH

Unlike the alfa... oops.. we've had /this/ debate before also...

VW, it's the new Nissan...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Heh.

I'm just pissed off at the moment - got a real fright when I lost all braking power in the 155, then it needed some welding and a lambda probe for it's MOT, it also got an 'advisory' over the steering rack, too. Currently it's _still_ not MOTd due to issues getting a lambda probe for it (went for OEM rather than bodged universal), so I'm just sick of the bastard thing.

It's right what they say - the 75 was infinitely better made than the later cars. As I won't run a 75 into the ground with my mileage, I had to pick something different. A Passat isn't as boring as the Primula, mainly as it has more toys and a turbo :-)

Reply to
SteveH

ach - should have good a volvo...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

That says £2595, you got it for 1995????

Reply to
Tom Robinson

I did. With 12 month ticket and 3 month warranty, too.

Reply to
SteveH

Green cars are supposed to be unlucky.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I've had three - a green Rover 213 (crashed it, badly), green Cavalier 1.6 auto (fell apart bit by bit) and a green Rover 414 (good car)....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Can't say I didn't warn you about the narrowbody 155s :-p

Reply to
Pete M