Sig Change.... on Sunday

One or two of you may already know, but I appear to have bought myself just about the most immaculate and shiny classic Ducati 750SS in the world....

Riding home on Sunday will be *fun*.

Reply to
SteveH

I can't disagree with that, the last time I saw one in that condition was a fair few years ago :) Nice...

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Hmmm, Desmodromic valves Hmmm. Nice, Hmmm. Better than the Honda ;)

Reply to
Elder

I'm keeping both.

Can't beat a V4 with quad gear-driven cams.

Reply to
SteveH

I have to admit, I owned/rode a fair few different bikes, some were faster, some were more comfortable, but my VFRs were my favourite[1]. My first was the only bike I've ever regretted selling, I even owned an RC30 for 2 weeks, I traded that in for another VFR :)

[1] Weirdly, the only Italian bike I've ever ridden was a triple (Cagiva ?), was totally different to Jap bikes, but it wasn't exactly a Duc.
Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

You chopped in an RC30 for another 'motorcycle for the mature gentleman'?.... bloody hell. I'd love an RC30.

Laverda Jota?

Awesome bikes, but they have a bit of a reputation.

Reply to
SteveH

It was my only transport at the time, and I'm quite a large chap, the RC30 was just mental but very uncomfortable on my wrists, only a single seater too. I bought it for a good price when I happened into some money, I always wanted one, but didn't realise how much time I spent riding.

I actually only had it 13 days, someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I can't remember now, but the top speed in first was mentally high, the main memories of it are aching wrists and a massively high first gear :)

That's the one, at the time it seemed like a ten year old Jap design if you know what I mean, I wasn't impressed.

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Unless it's pissing down ;)

Reply to
Abo

Right, well, I've played around with a model and it's pretty inconclusive as to which factors have the biggest influcence when you play with it.

It seems no-one can explain why, for example, a 125cc GP bike can carry more corner speed than a litre bike.

I suspect it's one hell of a lot more complex than can be modelled in a way a layman can understand.

However, the rider and their attitude to hanging off like a monkey more than likely has the biggest input.

However, CofG and wheelbase do appear to have *some* impact.

One thing I do know is that I have literally 2mm chicken strips on the VFR's rear, but I'm slower than James May.

Reply to
SteveH

Get back ok then?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Aye, didn't miss a beat all the way home.

Bloody comfy for a sportsbike, too.

Can't wait 'till the weekend - track day (Alfa) Saturday, out on the Duke Sunday / Monday.

Reply to
SteveH

Excellent.

Ditto!! Finally finish exams on Wednesday. So the weekend will be a mixture of drinking, car fettling, V8-goodness, garage tidying, DIY and BBQs. All the stuff I've missed out on over the last month!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Going to give the Saab seats a good feed on sunday and take a nice long drive out on Monday I think.

Reply to
Elder

Whoa! Looks like something out of the future or something!

Reply to
fishman

It cool isnt it! And fast.

Its thwe future I'v seen it...