Skud The Skoda

It's a feckin' boomerang car.

As many of yule know, I did a little dealette for Skud and a small amount of cash to get the A4. Skud has served the new owner perfectly and had caused precisely zero grief. In turn, I have got the A4 pretty much spot on.

Unfortunately, the complete lack of street cred troubles Skud's new owner somewhat. It troubles him sufficiently that he has gone and bought an.......

N reg Rover 216 Coupe.

WTF ??

Consequently, I have first refusal on the Skud for "a couple of hundred quid". I find myself unable to resist crap cars....

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

You do know that is a shed too? It's 11 years old, well past it now. You were definitely had if YOU paid money with a Skod to get that!!! It should be the other way around.

Reply to
Clive

Aren't they pretty good? - as in, have a Honda SOHC 16v lump, related to the one in the original CRX?

Reply to
SteveH

Ahhh, no, by then it had been given the 1.6 K-series.

Reply to
SteveH

That's a sweet little lump. We had one in an L Reg rover, unfortunately the handling was also rover :-(

Reply to
Terminal Crazy

Ok then......

Clearly there is a reading issue here.

Not my deal. Not my Rover coupe.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I couldn't honestly tell you much about these cars other than saying that the 2.0 turbo Tomcat was a handy racer in its day. However. This one definitely has a Honda engine sitting at the wrong side of the engine bay under the bonnet bulge put there for the T series engine. As of last night and a telephone call, it needs a radiator and there's a howling bearing on one of the engine ancillaries at the belt end of the engine.

Skud meanwhile, just plods along...

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

You know the it is the perfect "looks crap but always starts" spare car to have in hand when the nice, newer posher ones need spares/repairs/service or just to keep your head on level.

Reply to
Elder

Is the correct answer. What sort of makes it even better is that I only need to buy half of it. I have plenty of motors here, eldest brother has plenty at his place, but he also sees the point of keeping available a spare car. So, he's chucking in half the money ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

And he imagines that will help his street cred?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Ahha but it's a coupe.

Reply to
DervMan

On the other hand and as Eldar has said... if it plods along.

I find myself contemplating something like this for Charlie, mostly for the city run. We're about to move house and the Saab is appalling, economy wise, in the city. That's slim justification. I mean, 2,000 miles in the city @ 20 mpg is going to cost more than a couple of hundred pounds of banger, right... with insurance and VED... right..?

I know I want to.

Reply to
DervMan

"DervMan" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Reply to
Adrian

I can't see Charlie going for it, but on the other hand, maybe she will after all. Something to work on.

Reply to
DervMan