(Slightly less than on topic) Consoles

I've never really been a fan of consoles, well aside Gran Turismo 2, the PlayStation, a few beers and some mates...

D'ya think GT4 will be worth getting a PlayStation 2 for? It's my birthday soon... :p

Reply to
DervMan

In my opinion GT3 is worth getting a PS2 for.... GT4 for sure but that's just me.

Reply to
JohnR

In a word yes. Having both Prologue and the BMW edition of it then the 'ring is enough to make it worth it.

Reply to
Depresion

yeah if you like shitty graphics, i myself love my x box and have played a demo of forza motorsport which is well good! messing with it last night, took the traction and stability controls off and was managing to drift the

911 around quite easily with a bit of praccy, car handling is spot on. plus you get quite good car damage too. can get light scratches, smashed windows and proper bend the bonnets and bumpers :)

they have real body kit makes too so you can kit the cars out. good selection of cars too. comes out in feb i think...

Reply to
Vamp

It's relative. PS1 to PS2 or Xbox, they're both going to look good...

Reply to
DervMan

PS2 pwn Xbox and you know it :)

The Xbox is just a shit PC where as the PS2 has GTA3 San Andreas, need I say more....

Oh and GT4 will be out soon so what more do you need??

Xbox pfft :(

Reply to
Ronny

Yes. Do it.

Reply to
Mason

Have you actually seen the graphics of GT4??

awesome.

IME the graphical difference between *most* PS2 and Xbox ganes are minimal at best.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

To be honest i'd agree. GT4 (and san andreas) are good enonough to justify buying a PS2.

in the x years the xbox has been out there hasnt been one game good enough to make me buy one.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

I am buying a PS2 for GT4, i'd rather wait for San Andreas on the PC cos its got better GFX :) Halo was awesome, but then, i only had it on PC, never played it on 'box.

Reply to
DanTXD

san adreas will be out in june on x box with 60hz pal and smooooth graphics! not the juddy shit PS2 pap!

Reply to
Vamp

Graphics on GTA3 is totally smooth on my PS2.

no problems at all.

Also on NFSU2 the clipping is s**te on my mates Xbox and spot on on my PS2.

It seems to not define things in the distance as well on the PS2.

Sorry your argument just doesnt bear out IME of both the consoles.

Reply to
Mason

Yes.

GT4 - awesome graphics.

;o)

this is a direct PS2 IN GAME shot,

and even better...

:o)

X-What?

Mason

Reply to
Mason

You see thats where I think people make the mistake, GTA series of games are raw, they are bitty by design it adds to the whole feel of the game, its like listening to music or watching an old TV programme, would you rather watch your fav old programme on gritty old VHS with all the abiance of the

70's or 80's or would you rather it was on DVD with clear smooth lines and no noise on the screen? I know I bought the whole only fools on and horses on VHS for that very same feeling.

The other thing is, SA will be out in June as you say, but thats like 6 months away, at the same time they will bring out the PC version which will be the same as the Xbox anyway, so you are waiting nearly a year for a game that comes out on the PS2 first, so why not just buy a ps2 in the first place :)

Reply to
Ronny

Of course - you can't really go wrong for £99 !

Let me know if you want a chip sorting out for it...

Reply to
Nom

Like all FPSs it doesn't work with a pad rather than a keyboard and mouse.

Reply to
Depresion

Not bitty now, bitty later.

-- Peter

"The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

i find the x box pad one of the best for FPS games! it's why i got it and ditched the shit PS2 pad! to crap for FPS!

Reply to
Vamp

Cool! Can they be persuaded to play all region DVDs?

Reply to
DervMan

Yes datel do a disk called DVDregionX that allows all region disks to be played it's also built into most of there action replays. Get yourself an Xport and a copy of GT3 and you can have endless fun with Mk's garage editor. 55,000bhp Audi TT, 120bhp @ 14,000rpm bike engine mini, no problem.

Reply to
Depresion