Slightly random question

Does the 2.0 Pinto Sierra have enough power to powerslide in the dry?

Reply to
Doki

2nd gear 90 left corner, crap tyres, knackered dampers, absolutely.
Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Yes.

It just takes the right technique.

Reply to
DervMan

Do go on :P.

Reply to
Doki

You do know what I drive don't you? I manage to provoke that into going sideways :P.

Reply to
Doki

Doki waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

Yup. Although it does take a bit of provocation.

Reply to
Pete M

in

My 2.0 GLS sierra used to slide out all the time, is that the same engine?

in the wet it was a death trap

Ron

Reply to
Ron

Tight roundabout. Enter at about 35 or so in second, slight power. Start the roundabout, lift off the power, then when the back end starts to swing wide, stomp on the power. Job done.

Reply to
DervMan

I have a 1.8 LX and that can slide quite easy in the Dry and I'll second about Sierras being a death trap in the wet I came of a island backwards not so long ago, luckly it was 4am no one around thank god. More the fact that people would have laughed than the fact I would have hit someone ;-) Rich

Reply to
Richard Brant

in the wet they are brilliant, if you can control them :) I remember going round a big roundabout in Nottingham, near a big park thing, in 3rd in the wet and doing a nice 360 :) if the back end goes, just don't lift off and enjoy it :)

Reply to
dojj

The 4x4 has an LSD (or two?), but the boggo one doesn't, ye?

Wasn't thinking of making money with the car, just get something comfy and RWD, fettle the brakes / tyres etc. have a laugh then sell it when I'm done.

Could have had nice Mondeo Ghia for less than that :P.

Reply to
Doki

it has one lsd for the rear a central viscous coupling for the tranfer of power between front and rear axles (if this goes it's cheap enough to get the aprts, but a right royla pian in teh butt to get the box out to change it over) the front is a normal open type diff but to be honest, it takes a LOT to get them out of shape if they have had a decent aftermarket suspension kit put on them

get a dohc sierra then last of the line facelifted gls don't buy the bumpf about the GT being superiour, it's a pile of poo in comparison gls gets abs and power steering as well as electric bits and bobs like mirrors and a better spec suspension set up for the money it's the sportiest of the sierra's you can buy unless you go for the XR or RS versions for the best handler, get a saphhire

I could have bought a 944 turbo on a 92 when I bought the estate, but then again, it would have been funny to see a fridge sticking out eh back of one of them you know :D

Reply to
dojj