snow, snow and errr more snow?

loads of snow this morning but only made me 15mins late to work.

dried up and i thought GREAT! this afternoon then an hour later MORE SNOW!!! i had to cruel along home, took me 1hr 30mins for a 30 or so min normal dry weather drive!

saw 2 accidents a van who was to close to a lorry and seemed to of hit in on the A12 and a old Micra on the A130 with a seriously dented wing and another car which i didn't see what it was but also a dented wing probably from the micra...

i was snaking in second gear and losing grip in second gear making some serious wheel spin at pretty low revs :) was fun but a bit mess your pants...

although a lot of people seem to back off once they see the back end snake hehe :)

anyone else have fun in the snow???

Reply to
Vamp

Was out in F900 this afternoon, at half two when it really started to snow here. Mucho Funo LOL, in 5th at 30mph it spins and comes on boost 1/2 second later, the T/C just gives up. Fun? You betcha ;-) Bec came back from work today reporting a rather sideways overtaking manover (on a saxo VTS) on a Laxo VTS.

I love snow LOL

Matt

Reply to
**-**

Long time no speak! Hows it goin?

I havn't been out in the car today unfortunately - but there is LOTS of snow and i need to go to town tmrw - should be fun :D

Reply to
Dan405

Vamp raved thus:

:: anyone else have fun in the snow???

Didn't go out much but I did get a few handbrake turns in. I did a sweet one in front of my house, a little bit of drife and lined up perfectly with the drive. Landed perfectly down the side of my house, all in one manouver.

Was better last year when I had the Lexus though.

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

In article , snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Had the front end getting a it loose on some fresh stuff today, but that was at about 15mph in 3rd.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

None of my cars seemed bothered. The XM peered out from it's semi incarceration in the coachhouse, the Peugeot got brushed off and drove back from Kelso as if there was nothing wrong, the MGF went amusingly sidewards. Sera looks like a snowman.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

i was tempted, i just wheel spinned it when parking it in the garage which was fun. just lined it up and nailed it and i started sliding back a bit instead on the driveway hehe

might try a handbreak in works car park if i go tomz and providing it's empty should be enough safe space.

saw a BMW 3 series get very sideways outside my work while cleaning my car of snow :)

Reply to
Vamp

Tesco car park 9:30pm, about a dozen fellow idiots sliding and spinning about, presumably which respective SWMBO's did the shopping. Got a round of applause for my handbrake figure-of-8 round two trolley parks from some passing scallys. *proud*

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

Halfords car park, Mondeo, halfords employee doing an impressive ballet and then buggering off.

I was in getting some new wiper blades after the set on the car (that looked otherwise perfect refused to wipe the section directley infront of my face. After spraying the washer fluid on. I watched it wipe above and below the drivers veiwing area, but leaving a big puddle of washer fluid on the screen that was gradually widening with the effects of the wind, and obscuring more view, rather than getting wiped away by the wipers.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

MeatballTurbo raved thus:

:: I was in getting some new wiper blades after the set on the car (that :: looked otherwise perfect refused to wipe the section directley :: infront of my face.

Yep, new wipers needed by me too. I cleaned the snow off the back window and it just brushed away so I jumped in the car, windscreen covered in snow and just put the wipers on. Realised my mistake as the top layer of snow vanished revealing a layer of ice underneath which proceeded to rag at the wiper blades... Doh!

Reply to
¤¤¤ Abo ¤¤¤

Oh the blades where fine. No obvious ripping or scoring/serating. Didn't seem any more flexi at the middle than the edges.

All I can assume is the blade refill that I fitted a few months ago had week spine and it was flexing more than needed due to repeated wiping of the double curve in the screen.

Fitted a set of decent Bosch ones, problem was the only place open was Halfords, and it cost me £15 for the pair. I'm sure Eurocarparts and GSF are 1/2 that price for Bosch. Or I could have just replaced the refills again, even though they look perfect.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Yup.. one minute driving home from work and it was clear, apart from menacing black sky, next minute a blizzard of snow swept over the car. Shortly after, aproaching a roundabout in what I thought was a cautious enough manner, my judgement evidently had not yet adjusted to the new weather conditions because I would have slid into the back of the car in front had I not have managed to steer into the empty adjacent lane. Phew. Other than that - a couple of lightning flashes. I've never experienced lightning & snow at the same time before.

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

My wipers were doing that too, but they were OK once they'd defrosted...

Heated wiper blades have to be the next big innovation!

-- James

Reply to
James

Oh yes, and i'm loving RWD :) Had a quick go in a 106, and although its a lot more nimble and you can make it 'dance' a bit easier especially in a straight line using power and the handbrake, the Volvo was much much more fun once some corners appeared :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

today was good, the road near my work is really wide and icy so i used the camber to get the car sideways and managed to go along drift style hehe, got flashed at a couple of times by people passing the other way with a massive grin from one driver in a M3 :)

one of the guys at work has a small clip of it on his camera phone so gonna try and get a copy of that off him as he saw me doing it :-D

Reply to
Vamp

Did that last year on an ungritted back road in the Ka. Back wheels in the ice rink style tracks of everyone else, handbrake on, and front wheels on the relative grippyness of the snow. Ace fun :).

Reply to
Doki

tosser.

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000Newsgroups

me

Why don't you think about others, and grow up you stupid, childish prat.

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000Newsgroups

me

Who shat in your hat?

Reply to
Doki