So, this General Motors 'Fire Sale'

Heh, the alternatives for running around in at my work are Kangoo vans which are used by the engineers and have oil trickling around the floors, the other alternatives are slow (18km/h), very heavy (up to about 6 tonnes) and have no suspension.

The Meriva has electric steering which doesn't like the cold/wet, but it does have a stereo, is relatively comfy and is road legal so can be used for runs to the chip shop.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Heh. Does his name start with T and end with imSKemp? Didn't someone of this parish also have a Zafira GSi at some point too? Mr Abo?

Reply to
Douglas Payne

So, what you're saying, is that Vauxhalls will just be Daewoos badged as Vauxhalls, rather than Chevrolet for the UK.

Reply to
SteveH

I have never owned a Meriva.

I had an X suffix auto 1.6 cavalier, I had a 1.7TD cavalier on an L (hateful car), I've had two Zafiras and a number of rented vectras and omegas, two of which I killed.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Which is a real shame. Although there may be nothing to stop Vx from sourcing cars from wherever they want, be it Chevy/Daewoo, Holden or Opel/Fiat.

After all, look at the current range:

Agila = Suzuki Splash Corsa=Fiat Punto Vivaro = Renault Trafic = Nissan Primastar Movano = Renault Master

And you don't have to go back too far to find Frontera = Isuzu something Monterey = Isuzu Trooper

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

A reinvented EV-1, maybe.

Reply to
Mark W

Update:

Fiat want to take the whole of GM Europe, plus Chrysler - which would make them no. 2 to VAG in Europe.

Reply to
SteveH

No, I had the previous model, the argueably equally annoying 'daddy cool' :P

Reply to
Abo

Guilty...

Reply to