Sold the R5.

The R5 is now with a new owner :o)

It went for £950 in the end so doesn't owe me much money, about £75 quid I think.

Anywho, had a work off work into the bargain so a bit of an update.

R5 - Sold BMW - is going in next week and will cost £600 for the spray :o(

I'm now in the hunt for a cheapo diseasel smoker.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

That would be a WEEK off work :o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Found someone gullable enough then... ;)

Same here. Depending on whether I can afford I'm looking at a BX, 309 or

405TD in the near future. For £600 i can buy a decent one and insure it for a year. Seems silly not too, rather than putting all my commuting miles on the MR2. And also 2 2 seater cars isnt ideal - gotta borrow a car to go to Ikea on friday, such a pain in the arse!!!!
Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Ideally I don't want to spend more than £500 on a car now, it's only short term and only for motorway miles. I have a fiesta Si at the minute (it's been sat on the garden for months so I figured I may as well use it) but again it's not as cheap as a diesel to run/insure and frankly it's a bit pants. I'm not interested in people trying to "race" me all the time. It bores me.

We don't want to be using the BM for running around in as it's the show season comiong up and can't afford any more "mishaps" it's also not very cheap on fuel.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

How does a T reg Seat Ibiza 1.9TDI (90bhp) strike you?

149k on the clock - full Seat service history (main dealer) - last stamp at 140k so due for an oil change - cambelt done at 120k so next one's a fair way off. 1 year's MOT, though it will need a pair of front tyres, er, basically now!! MOT bloke *just* passed it but said get the tyres sorted ASAP. Also currently out of tax.

One bad thing, and it's not proved to be a problem as yet, is that the glow plug light is constantly flashing when the engine's running - before you start it it goes on and almost immediately off as it should, and it's had no problems starting up on some bloody freezing mornings, so it hasn't affected its reliability - I bought it a little while back, and due to not having space for it, a mate of mine's been "babysitting" it for me, and has done about 2000 miles in it since then without problems (averaging 55-60mpg easily).

It gets up to 100 on back roads very easily, and even with Tim Kemp's driving it still managed 55mpg!

Bodywork and interior wise it's very good indeed - virtually no noticeable scrapes or dents on the bodywork - interior in good clean condition with no considerable wear or seat knackerage. It drives absolutely spot on - clutch and brakes are good, suspension feels tight - definitely feels very well looked after and not a knackered out high mileage clunker.

The price for this fine piece of Spanish-German joint engineering history? A mere £1350 (no offers).

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Sounds ideal but unfortunately I'm only aiming to spend around 500 quid. I have a wedding deposit to pay for as well as the paint on the BM.

Bloody deposit for the wedding is £1500. worth it though :o)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

Lol.

You 'show' that heap of s**te?

Reply to
SteveH

Yes, regularly. It is (or was until I scratched it) absolutely spotless and will return to this condition next week following the re-spray.

I realise you are only peddling your usual brand or semi-troll bullshit but it's still worth a response :)

It's a modified car...remember...modifications :)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

And prey tell, what 'modifications' does it have, other than some stick on tat and a silly paintjob?

Reply to
SteveH

No stick on tat at all TBH.

17" wheels (kahn RSR anthracite) "silly" paint job with everything colour coded Immaculate bodywork. No rust, marks etc etc (bar the obvious thats getting fixed.) De-locked 325i exhaust system (twin pipe backbox rather than single) ECU remap M-spec bumpers and splitter M-spec leather interior (full interior inlcuding doorcards, all seats etc etc) in black leather BMC carbon enclosed induction kit Lowered 30MM Tinted windows Short shift kit (B&M i believe) 325i Rear axel with LSD Just over 100k on engie with FSH (not a mod i know but she's in really good condition. it's an '89 F reg) Schrick CAMS (282 I think but TBH I forget)

I can't be bothered to think any more but i'm sure there is more.

It's shown for it's bodywork mainly TBH.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

All more or less 'stick on tat' up to there.

This looks more interesting:

Although a 325i would have been a better base vehicle.

Reply to
SteveH

Agreed a 325i would have been a better base model....BUT

In the condition we got offered this car in and the price it was at made it a no-brainer, she has also considered an '25 or M3 engine conversion but with the condition of this engine, coupled with the fact it'd be a big risk to take on such a mint car means she'll keep this as is until it's time to move on and then simply buy an M3.

A bit about the car and you may understand...

The bloke we brought the car from sprays cars (very well) for a (very good) living. Consequently he gets through a fuckload of cars like this (he buys them simply as toys grows bored and sells them on). He is a good friend of ours and Sarah had always liked the BMW.

This is why the car has mint bodywork and paint.

So we got a car with circa 2grands worth of paint on it, with a stunningly maintained engine and perfect bodywork for not much at all. Couple this with the fact that Sarah loves the paint and it was pretty much a done deal.

To buy an M3 (E30) in equally good condition would have cost double the money (if not more) not to mention silly insurance for two young (ish) drivers on a LHD "high performance" car made an M3 simply not viable, lets not forget we are both fairly young so aren't at the peak salaries we are ever likely to see, we have a wedding and an *ok* lifestyle to pay for so the M3 had to wait for a year or so. It is still what we both want and I can see us having at least one in the family within the next year (i'll settle for an M3 as my last insurance quote on a B10 alpina was laughable :o) and ditto with the running maintenance costs of an M5 of any era)

So really we got the best base car I have ever seen, most of the expensive/hard work was allready done for use.

FYI it sailed through it's MOT last week too (needed two new rear tires

*heh* and one brake pad)

Mason

Reply to
Mason

MINUS the sunstrip (aka window tint ;o) )

@ the modified nationals last year with our neighbours Evo. Picture does the paint no justice...oh and the painters name is Darryl (sp?), hence the "daz" number plate. We kept that on the car as he didnt want it back.

All of the Better Halfs fotopic account. i'm at work and can't lay my hands on any more.

Mason

Reply to
Mason

In news:425304e0$0$42311$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net, Mason decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Ah, it's a RHD 320i with a Ford Probe paint job and a Mick reg plate.

That's not a 320iS.

Reply to
Pete M

There's loads of tat like that in my neck of the woods.

Usually 'cruising' around town playing 'Babycakes'.

Oh dear....

Reply to
SteveH

There's loads like that in our local breakers yard [1]

None of those are 320iS's either.

[1] unsaleable due to paint scheme. *so* 1996 "Wigan".
Reply to
Pete M

Unfortunately, some local bleach-blonde tart has more money than sense and given a Z3 a paint job like that.

I actually quite like the bigger engined Z3

Reply to
SteveH

It is exactly as I described, i'm not sure what you where expecting TBH.

Reply to
Mason

Oh dear, oh dearie dearie me.

The Coupé thing has a perverse charm, granted.

The Z3M is just a nasty thing with a nice motor. Might as well buy an Astra

16v :-P
Reply to
Pete M

You're right. From your posts, I should have expected a chavved up heap of s**te.

Reply to
SteveH