Some piccies of the Isuzu/GMC mystery machine.

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Doki, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

Whenever I've been particularly skint, or doing loads of miles, I've ended up using French diesel stuff. I had the Xantia TD last year, a Pug 405 D a few years ago, and I've done silly amounts of mileage in the race team's old

405 D Estate. They've always been great, other than the Xantia nuking its alternator and needing a couple of spheres replacing none of them ever gave a moments hassle.

If I didn't have the Scorpio as my daily wheels I'd probably have a posh 406 TD as my runabout - and I hate diesels.

Reply to
Pete M

I totally gave this advice like, 5 threads ago :-)

That, and "Clio V6" - for some perfectly justifyable reasons I've forgotton.

Reply to
Iridium

Aye... be careful... very careful - even if they're not the ones giving the tickets, they'll be matey with whoever it is that is...

Maybe... still not an deal vehicle for what you actually need rather than want from one, though. :-)

Good good... start looking into SODs / 406 TD / HDis then.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Who wants a trooper, they don't do an auto. Only the Monterey (which Vx appear to have trouble recognising as on of their browsing the Isuzu club site) as a UK model has the auto diesel option.

Having owned the rangie and the celsior, an auto and a big or grunty engine is definatley my choice and the isuzu diesel definatley qualifies as grunty if not powerful with 275 planet dragging torques.

A manual suits a a small engine and clear flowing roads.

Reply to
Elder

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Iridium, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

I did as well, but I also said "Keep the Toyota"...

I added Scorpio Ultima TD...

Reply to
Pete M

I was going to say they are embarassed about it, but if they list the Frontera then obviously they have no shame and it can't be that...

Reply to
PCPaul

Oy! Have you been sticking photos on BigStock?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Not me? Care to share.

Reply to
Elder

Dunno if I can find them again, but there were some images posted by 'elder'. Ah, cracked it:

Steve Firth

I wish I got to travel so much.

Reply to
Elder