Something you might want to note

Brake lines explode rather loudly when you use the blue spanner on them.

Reply to
Doki

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Doki, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

You muppet.

You utter, utter muppet.

WHY did you use a flame on a flexi-pipe?

Reply to
Pete M

If it's normal brake fluid (not synthetic) it's hydroscopic and absorbs moisture. It might be why its reluctant to flare up. I'd be interested if anyone knows how much it will absorb.

Reply to
Terminal Crazy

ITYM 'hygroscopic'.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Err yeh, should have read what i typed before posting.

Reply to
Terminal Crazy

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Terminal Crazy, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

Man, what happened to the Riviera on your website? I had a '73 Malibu that was heading for being that scruffy, but that Riviera...

Reply to
Pete M

We sold it last year to a local guy who wanted the motor for racing. I presume it's dead now :-< We still have the eleccy front seats and front/rear glass. Would have been a neat project but i've not had anywhere to rebuild anything properly for the last 12 years and the barn I'm converting has taken all my fun money. That's the main reason I bought the newer Camaro (Lots of fun ). Apparently the 2 ton Buick with 2 speed auto was quicker than a Golf GTi over the quater. (out of some car mag that came with car, I can't rememer OTTOMH what times )

Ah, just looked at the pics again and presume you mean the condition ? It just needs a lick of paint :->

Reply to
Terminal Crazy

According to my drag racing simulator

1995 Buick Riviera 15.8s @ 90.7mph 1991 Golf GTi 16.4s @ 85.1mph

But that's a 4 speed auto Buick and 22 years newer. I'll see if I can get the info on a '63 but most websites quite 16s for it.

Reply to
Depresion