Sows ear from pigs trotter?

Why oh why oh why... ;-)

120bhp ? You could spend under a grand on a whole car and get more bhp...

Sorry but I've never understood modding something that was shit slow and ends up shit slow. Why not save up the money and buy a decent car to start with, better to spend the money on insurance than tarting up a cheap to insure car in the first place or am I getting old? ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

It's all relative, though. If you're used to cars with over 200 PS, you'll find anything with half that slow.

If you're used to small cars with between 50 and 60 PS, getting something with 75 PS is going to feel quick, getting something with a claimed 120 PS (heh) will feel quicker still.

Maybe; but I suppose some people would say, "if you have to ask you're never going to understand." I do see why people do this to their Corsa / Nova / Ka / whatever, and it's people like this who keep certain parts of the economy bubbling away!

If you want to make your current car feel really special, borrow a 750cc Fiat Panda for a month. :)

Reply to
DervMan

Must admit, i quite like that actually, looks to have been done well, has the big brakes etc, maybe a bit overpriced, but still...

Reply to
Dan405

Carl Gibbs made the world a better place for us by saying..

bet it's still got a horrible gearchange though ;-)

Reply to
Pete M

To be fair at least it has been done properly by the look of it and a lot of hard work (and cash) seems to have gone into it. There are far worse examples out there! As for insurance, more powerful cars would be harder to insure for young drivers, and TBH would you want an inexperienced driver drving something ore powerful than a 1.4 Corsa? This is of course assuming it is a new driver that owns it. If not, then i pity him/her ;)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Yes, it does, but it's twice what it should be!

Reply to
DervMan

Ooooh they're awful gearboxes, aren't they?

Although not something I tell people :) we did consider a Corsa as a Mondeo replacement. Turbodiesel of course. I've driven half a dozen and they've all been the same - enough to make me want the automatic!

Reply to
DervMan

Nah, i should think its a manual ;)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I wonder why there are no side shots? perhaps it's quite ugly :)

dojj

My mate Paul said that about getting back in his MR2 after driving his mum's Ka for a week :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I saw this one earlier when I was doing my usual boredom-alleviaton technique (avoidance of needing to do anything more productive) of looking through the eBay cars section - got through the first 40 or so pages! A couple of things really did have irony jumping out from them - this was one:

"120bhp with 110 Nm of torque (these figures depend on the rolling road)"

And the title of the auction was the other.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Was that after he crashed the MR2?

But, spot on, shoot when I borrowed my ex-bosses Golf V5 I was glad to be back in the Mondeo TD, something that enjoyed corners!

Reply to
DervMan

8

The power claim is a classic one. That's a bit like, "50 mpg, the figure depends on how it's driven" heh.

Reply to
DervMan

snip

Yeah, but with this "thing", you'll need the extra power just to haul all the extra weight around - pah!

Reply to
Jamesy

SIX GRAND ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH !

Reply to
Nom

That was my first thought, you could get a Corrado VR6 with a standard

190bhp for half that then spend the rest on a months insurance and petrol. ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Or you could spend less than that and get something good!

;)

Reply to
Dan405

shut up you drive a 405 :)

Reply to
vamp

Oh please, you of all people in here (with the possible exception of Doki and Dervy ;) ) can't mock anyones car :)

Ya big poof :)

Reply to
Dan405

You must be getting old. OTOH with one day to go and (0) bidders I don't think you're alone. The car is stupidly over priced.

Hmm a clapped out Corsa with some red string under the bonnet or a six-cylinder Jaguar XJR with 50k on the clock an 0-60 in about 6s. Wow, that's a difficult decision isn't it?

Reply to
Steve Firth