Spark plugs wetting.

Hi all. Whats the best plugs to "burn" rather than "wet" on a full choke cold start. My modified ax always chokes briefly after starting, pushing the choke in (remember manual chokes anyone) weakens the mixture, the fast idle clears the misfire after a few seconds. Pulling the choke back out "re-wets" the plug(s).

Would four prong plugs be better than single prong.

All leads/dizzy cap/rotor replaced ... coil voltage produces a meaty 1/2 inch spark. (All healthy from what i can see).

Reply to
FEo2 Welder

I'll dig out my notes on the rebuild of my ax engine ... i had to fit a vernier pulley to get the true piston tdc to match the cam lobe centres, but i also took time out to note how far i could go each way before the valves got too near the pistons.

Wouldn't retarding the valve gear (hows about when the head is skimmed) move the power band up a bit??? If i remember, a 0.040" skim alters the cam timing by 1 degree on an early bmw?? Got some ngk's one grade hotter today, ready to fit with the new exhaust kit. Will post results.....

Reply to
FEo2 Welder