Speaking of Datsuns

In fact, this is probably it:

Abo

Sacrilege. The real choice would be an RB26DETT. Keeps it in the family and with a bit of tweaking makes more power and gets better economy. And is shitloads lighter.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Fraser Johnston wittered on forthwith;

The only sacrilige is buying a jap car :-p

Rover powered 240Z would be my choice.. and that one looks like a 240Z

*exactly* how I'd want one.

I admire the RB motor, but it's a 6 and in my opinion a soul-less thing. The Rover / TVR / Buick / etc V8 is probably my favourite engine of all time. I know its not the most powerful, but it's light, reasonably tuneable, small, simple, cheap, torquey and sounds utterly glorious through a decent exhaust.

Other than a few Subarus, MX5s and 240Zs, I just don't like jap cars.

Reply to
Pete M

Wrong number of cylinders... :P

Reply to
Abo

Lighter? Isn't the RB26DETT an iron block. I'd rather have this one,

. Seriously tempted to build something with a supercharged LS1 V8 but not really sure what to put it into.

Reply to
Homer

You need to hear an RB engine running 25 pounds of boost at 9 grand. : )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Now that is nice.