speeding question

yup they do get carried over, my uncle had 3 before he'd even got a full licence :)

Reply to
Vamp

a quick one here my mate got done for speeding he's only got a provisional he's got the fine is sending his license away what happens next? does the provisional come back with points on it or what? and if he passes his test, does he carry those points over for the next 2 years or something?

Reply to
dojj

In article , snipped-for-privacy@home.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

He gets the points. They stay on his license (full or provisional) until they expire. After passing, that first 2 years of full license have a probationary period where he is only allowed 6 points. He will be halfway there. After 2 years they will still be there, but he has the full 12 point limit, unless he gets hit for totting up, however that works.

if he gets more than 6 in 2 years, he is banned, has to retake the theory, and redo the practical with the extended driving test.

He better buy a moped.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Or rather, if he gets 6 or more.

Reply to
Lordy

And he wont be banned he'll just have his lisense revoked. He can take a test again as soon as he wants/can. Unless of course he does something very silly and gets a 'proper' ban.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I know someone who was banned for a year before he got his license, had to run from when he was first able to get a license.

Peter Hill

In article , snipped-for-privacy@recycle.bin spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Yep, true sorry.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

didn't have to - he could have bought a bicycle

Reply to
jeremy