Sportwagon Pics

Like most people who work in IT, I'm terminally afflicted with 'you know a bit about computers, don't you?' syndrome, a disease which generally can only be cured by not frequenting 'your local', any family events or spending any time with friends and friends of friends who aren't also a bit IT savvy.

Net result is I've generally got as much private work as I want, *if* I want it.

However, 'too much work makes Jack a dull boy' (1), so I do a bit as and when, mainly to finance things like holidays etc, and in this instance, I'll do a bit to pay for the car to get detailed.

I don't *have* to do it... I choose to do it for the reasons already stated many times over in this thread.

That doesn't mean that others outside of your personal padded cell, don't.

*Most*, not *all*. :-)

Indeed... I can imagine just how scintillating the conversation is in your house. :-P

There's nothing wrong with your opinion... you did appear to be stating it was the rule for all though elsewhere in this thread, and that's the problem.

-- JackH (1) I've obviously done too much work...

Reply to
jackhackettuk

Yep, I do. About once a year on average. Actually, probably Asda pikey brand washing up liquid, rather than fairy - I mean, do you think I'm MADE of money?

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Well, pros do it using similar stuff to strip any old protection off before detailing a car they've not done before, so they know they're going straight onto paint and there isn't any old 'Tesco Value Wax' on there - which is unlikely unless it was added like, the day before heh.

Reply to
DanB