Stolen car report. Don't panic, not mine.

Some of you guys in the lincoln/sheffs/notts area might see or have seen it.

Not particularly to my tastes, but looks like a tidy job, and nobody deserves to get their car nicked.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I've seen that car before, alas not recently - sounds well nice when its running...

Reply to
Dan405

I think the guy was ebaying it for a while ISTR.

Obviously decided to pull the auction, or one very similar.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

that's the third time i seen this posted somewhere, i kinda like it, don't like all that silver shit but if it was plain black

Reply to
Vamp

It is now :)

Reply to
Ron

So if you were offered one that looked a lot like it on a petrol station forecourt would you buy it? (c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

I saw it in Lincoln IIRC.

Reply to
Dan405

In article , snipped-for-privacy@bouncing-czechs.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Update He was spotted heading for london earlier in the week. Then a Stobart (fliers were put up in the Stobart yard) driver saw him heading for Dumfrees in Scotland, and he was blocked in by a bunch of cruisers in Carlisle.

Seems he liked it so much, he was trying to get the NOS refilled so he could rag it further.

I hope he slipped and landed on his face a few time before the coppers got there.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

lol not by a long haired northan wanker :)

Reply to
Vamp

Hey we're not all like that!

My hair is quite short :)

Reply to
Dan405

So they've got him then ?

Reply to
Nom

Great news!

Reply to
Simon Burrows

Yeah, cruisers did what the police couldn't or wouldn't. Penned in the car, and then looked menacingly at him in a big circle, so he couldn't even leg it if he wanted, until the police arrived.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Yep. like when Robin's cruise happened. Good to see people doing things for others. Reward was offered for the return of the car, but nobody said anything about tackling the git himself, they did that through choice.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I'd assume, too, that since the guy nicked the keys, and used the car, that it probably hasn't suffered half as much as a typical stolen recovered would have. Maybe it's been thrashed, but then, will it have been thrashed more than the owner did?

I hope that the Police are sensible and return the car to the owner, instead of impounding it, using it for 'evidence', and returning it somewhat the worse for wear :(

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Cool. No matter what you say about Cruises/Cruisers you gotta respect that!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

If it were true - from what I've read the police did the penning in and the cruisers just followed.

Reply to
Michael Rodgers

In article , news@network- southeast.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Maybe I got it wrong from the thread but I read "Just to update you on this the guy has been caught and turned over to the police by some cruisers who spotted him and penned him in , in carlisle, Shane is now awiating the return of his car its nice to know that fellow cruisers have brought this scumbag down when the police couldnt " to mean that the cruisers had done the penning in.

Of course I bet the police official line is somewhat different. Dangerous speeder convicted of possible future speeding, and jailed for life to prevent it.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

He'd have got away with it if only he hadn't done 80mph on a clear stretch of motorway....(which is probly the only reason he got caught!)

Reply to
Dan405

What is the maximum speed you can do before a copper that sees you will bother chase you? A friend of mine got a ticket for doing "an average speed of 84 mph" (dunno the distance), is this normal?

Reply to
spawn