Strangely tempted by this one.

't normally like green cars (bad luck), If it has been maintained by Saabtec as well as sold by them it will be worth it.

Reply to
Elder

I know a chap with a tidy GM 900 Talladega thing with full leather if you're interested. It's black, can't remember the reg, probably around a "P" plate, but it looks like a nice thing. Manual, but don't know the full spec on it.

Reply to
Pete M

GM. 900. Nice.

Does not compute.

Reply to
SteveH

All green cars ?

Reply to
Tony (UncleFista)

Nice for a GM 900 then. TBH, I don't mind 'em. Nowhere near as 'orrible as a Vecavalier, but better than a lot of stuff that was about at the time. Decent motorway cruiser, s**te at B road stuff, but comfy and seemingly pretty reliable. I don't think they're any worse than the 'proper' 900 - because I don't think they're at all special either.

Reply to
Pete M

To be fair, for all the piss-taking, they make sense as cheap bangers.

GM simplicity with Saab built quality means you can't really go wrong if you want a commuter hack.

Reply to
SteveH

It's exactly the same colour as ours was.

I will always remember that car fondly. T'was a great old bus.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

AFAIK Talledega models were just slightly posher trimmed S and SE non turbo models, flat as a kippers c*ck, with similar economy to the turbos, unless you got a 2.3 which went better but was thirstier than a turbo.

Reply to
Elder

I think you may be right. This IIRC has a "900S" badge on the boot, so it probably isn't a quick one. Leather is nice though, and the chap who's got it reckons it's a nice thing to drive, "goes well" was his description, and he had the kind of grin to suggest a turbo could be present. I'll be up at his garage tomorrow so I'll have a closer look.

As an aside, I'm taking a Honda Legend up for an MOT tomorrow, that 3.5 V6 is a weird lump.

Reply to
Pete M

Having done some research, it will have been well maintained at least recently (the car was sold by the garage owned by the Saab Club tec officer, maintained by him for the last owner and this owner, and he offered to buy it back if it didn't sell).

Mileage is high but not bad for a Saab. Looks to have fair wear and tear for age/miles.

Reply to
Elder

S could be a turbo. S and SE were spec rather than engine levels. S had leather as an option, and SE was standard, things like the stereo spec options too.

I like the legend, a nice wafty car.

Reply to
Elder

i love honda legends!

Reply to
Vamp

Had a quick squint round it, it's "R" reg, 2.0, FSH, BBS alloys, but I don't think it's a turbo. I'll have a squint through the window later and see if it has a boost gauge.

It goes well, sounds awful, gearbox is smooth, ride isn't, doesn't handle at all. If you're looking for a new definition of understeer, drive a Legend quickly on a B road.

Reply to
Pete M

All turbo GM900 have a boost gauge as there is no lpt model, all or nothing.

Reply to
Elder

Which is why I'm going to have a look.

Reply to
Pete M

Pretty much, shamefully, even the Caterfield Se7encost types. It's a superstition thing.

Reply to
Elder

And I thought it was only me Mum :)

Reply to