Success at last

A weekend of success - finally have the SD1 running again. There have been numerous faults in the EFi system and I finally tracked the last one down yesterday (dodgy wiring to the coil) and it now starts on the button :D. Still idling a bit high but that's a typical twin plenum problem - just need to strip the throttle mechanisms down and re-jig everything to ensure both throttles close properly and dont let any air through. So I'm well pleased.

Also done a few odd jobs on the Montego - replaced the front discs and pads, changed the oil and fitted a proper air box so I could dump the silly aftermarket air filter. Now runs much smoother and brakes much better so for the grand some of £250 I have an uber comfortable cruiser to mooch around in.

I'm also getting involved in getting a Honda Legend 2.7i V6 back on the road after standing for about 5 or 6 years. I'm amazed at how little there is to do - good old Jap build quality. Kinda tempted to keep it for myself - it's full of luxuries, lots of leather, quad cam V6 and supposedly goes quite well. Probably should be sensible and stick to the grandad car I already have though. Anyone else want some retro Jap pimpness? ;)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

*perk*

I'm sort of looking around at the mo to see if I can pick up an TD estate in good enough nick to use as a 'throw whatever you want at it' hack for a few months.

Or maybe a Maestro van.

I love the coupe version of these... especially the ones that came with the electric door closers. :-)

Reply to
JackH

As I recall, those things can rot in ways a 1970s Fiat could only dream of....

Reply to
SteveH

That's the 3.2. The 2.7 doesn't, and you're better off not mentioning the words "Legend 2.7" and "slushbox" in the same sentence when talking to Andy Hewitt.

I still fancy a 3.2, but preferably the coupe with the engine behind the driver.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

IIRC that's the early British built one (with the Rover-built 2.5 V6). The later Japanese ones don't rot any worse than most Japanese cars of that era.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

You say that like it's a good thing ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Heh

I'm lost now... they did a 3.2 Legend Coupe which was mid engined?

Or was the engine put in something else... NSX?

Reply to
JackH

It's a pity, because the 2.7 coupe is actually a nice car. I had one for a while and I really liked it.

Nope.

*ding*

Same basic block IIRC.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Well, it was probably one of the more corrosion resistant ones then. Mine didn't have any issues, nor did several other ones of the same age. The earlier ones I looked at were utterly horrible.

Reply to
Timo Geusch

Yep, I believe it shares a lot of the underpinnings with a Rover 800 2.7. This one has left a pampered life - 50k ish miles and much of the last decade (maybe more) living in an underground car park doing very little mileage. Although it's certainly showing some signs of rust at the top of the windscreen, probably some other places too if you cleaned all the dust off :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

That's exactly what I'm doing, and it's doing it's job nicely. Well, apart from the slight incident on the M27 when I kinda filled the entire carriageway up with blue smoke... ;)

Unfortunately it's just the 4 door, but I like it a lot. Some crappy photos in here somewhere:

Carl Gibbs

Ahhhh... yebbut does it have electric door closers??? ;-)

Reply to
JackH