supra steals wing of a chav'd saxo

http://66.33.65.17/test/car_stock/index1.php?pn=pictures&pn1=more_pictures&car_stock_id=125 must of stolen the spoiler of a local chav as i'm sure i've seen a saxo with a spoiler like that :) wonder if it would fit the MR2 hmmm

Reply to
Vamp

http://66.33.65.17/test/car_stock/index1.php?pn=pictures&pn1=more_pictures&car_stock_id=125>

odd how much that looks like an FTO?? (apart from the shelving on the back!! (b&Q job??)

Lost

Reply to
Lostin1999

http://66.33.65.17/test/car_stock/index1.php?pn=pictures&pn1=more_pictures&car_stock_id=125>>

is a bit changing rooms MDF in the boot isn't it hmm strange!

great boots for BIG ice systems in the supra though and i've seen a few :)

Reply to
Vamp

http://66.33.65.17/test/car_stock/index1.php?pn=pictures&pn1=more_pictures&car_stock_id=125>

To be fair, i actually think it works quite well to look at...

Reply to
DanTXD

http://66.33.65.17/test/car_stock/index1.php?pn=pictures&pn1=more_pictures&car_stock_id=125

I like it but it is wider than the car, i bet if i had that, i will lose it at a width restriction! Normally once the mirrors are throught you don`t have to worry about the back ....... Unless you have that car!

Reply to
timmmmayyy!

http://66.33.65.17/test/car_stock/index1.php?pn=pictures&pn1=more_pictures&car_stock_id=125>

NINE GRAND ? For a 12-year-old Supra ?

LMAO !

Reply to
Nom

http://66.33.65.17/test/car_stock/index1.php?pn=pictures&pn1=more_pictures&car_stock_id=125>>

that's pretty cheap! most ar £10-14k

these were damn exspensive cars when new don't forget! skylines go for even more money and RX7's are as exspensive too.

Reply to
Vamp

http://66.33.65.17/test/car_stock/index1.php?pn=pictures&pn1=more_pictures&car_stock_id=125> >

Don't know for the UK but that's a low price for a bi-turbo Supra.

Most likely that car has a history (and the huge spoiler suggests nothing good). Expect to pay 15 to 20 kUKP for a good bi-Turbo with verifiable maintenance and without too extreme (>500 HP) tuning.

Now back to reality: what's in your neighbourhood the price for a reliable 400-

450 HP-car?

I have a friend (director of a larger soft drinks-company) who has one as daily driver *since 1994*. It produces at the dyno 390 HP@6000 RPM at the wheels. Each working day that car goes from Brussels to Spa and back (280 km in total) It has now over 500.000 km on the clock, original motor, original gearbox.

Apart from normal maintenance that car hasn't spent 1 day in the repair shop and it refuses to die... I know for experience that this particular one is feared by a lot of Porsche finest (also because the driver knows the roads around Spa inside out).

Just before the 500.000 km maintenance (and a relatif large bill-6.100 UKP-) he was given a Maserati quatroporte as a test. One week later the Maserati experienced a blown head gasket. No doubt it was a freak incident but he decided (waiting rather annoyed for the recovery truck) there and then to go ahead with the Toyota and not sell it... and that being the reason why there is no bi-turbo in my garage.

Needless to say I would have picked it up at a bargain price as a 500.000 km Supra it is not worth much but still more than latest major maintenance bill.

Performance? Top speed around 280 kph, 0 to 160kph in about 9 seconds... which in my book is not bad for a 500.000 km car. Not bad as in excellent. It has the right color (black) and not the hideous wing (is that wing garanteed to stay on the car at >250?) as in the above link.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

http://66.33.65.17/test/car_stock/index1.php?pn=pictures&pn1=more_pictures&car_stock_id=125>> >

The same guy that sends you booze every year for recommending it :) ?

Reply to
DanTXD

Where I live, recommending an item is linked to some self-interest. Last time I looked I haven't got a cent from him nor Toyota, haven't even owned a Toyota yett.

But I checked UK-prices on twin-turbo Supras: they are indeed a lot cheaper than on mainland Europe. Sadly (for us) the steering wheel is at the wrong side. What is the reason of this difference (the price that is, the steering I know)?

As to the booze: the man sells water, lots of it actually. The bugger's family owns a rather famous spring in Spa, water pours out of the ground, he puts it in small bottles.

He could drive anything he wanted and used to be a big Lancia-affectionado. That's about the best thing Toyota cured him from.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

I'm sure it was you that once said they'd recommended a Supra to some rich dude, who now gave you champagne or summet?

I'm probably just talking bollocks tho :)

Reply to
DanTXD

http://66.33.65.17/test/car_stock/index1.php?pn=pictures&pn1=more_pictures&car_stock_id=125>>>

Yes. But now they're not new. At all.

Er, no. They hover around the £5-£6k mark for a 12-year old GTS-t. Only the GTRs are crazy money.

Er, no. They hover around £6k for a 12-13 year old model.

Reply to
Nom

http://66.33.65.17/test/car_stock/index1.php?pn=pictures&pn1=more_pictures&car_stock_id=125>>>

It's somewhere around average here in the UK - I have no idea why they're so overpriced.

Reply to
Nom

in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.telenet.be, Tom De Moor slurred :

Yoiks. In the UK you are looking at about £7k for a 100,000Km, 1994 model. Why so expensive over yon?

Um. Dunno.

That _is_ pretty good.

You want to make another trip over here. There's a black '94 one for sale in keighley (just down the road from me), and there's some top-notch countryside to test it out in round here :-)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

I have asked some questions. Toyota Belgium claims that prices in the UK and Australia for older Japanese cars go down very fast because the market is flooded with paralell imports from Japan where having and keeping an older car is heavily de-couraged. So the Japs ships their older supercars to countries where driving is also at the left.

At the same time they mentioned that switching the steering wheel to the other side is not cost-effectif. Parts for spares are still in top notch Toyota country. After being quoted 2500 Eur for the empty dashboard alone, I stopped asking about the steering rack.

So it seems that you lot get nice toys at a real bargain price. Some of the toys (Nissan Skyline) didn't even appear here (except at some races where they were quickly thrown out because of winning everything)

Good for you, lucky buggers!

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

just for pure bastard reasons i used to see a blue R34 round my way a lot and recently a dark red R34 has been seen about too which i rather like :)

hmmm MR2 turbo to Skyline R34 GTS-T seems a nice trade to consider in a few years :)

Reply to
Vamp