Supra Twin Turbo or R32 Skyline GT-R

ewwww TMI mate TMI!

Reply to
Vamp

i wouldn't even bring myself to type that in!!!

Reply to
Vamp

errm think you find ANY car roof or no roof will pretty much wrap nicely round a tree!

one example more on there

Reply to
Vamp

Don't know, but just realised, I looked at the older pre-facelift=20 GTO/GT3000 so the 90-94 model. So the newer model would be even dearer. I thought it looked cheap=20 compared to last time I looked.

Don't know about a Ka, but, I looked at what 1999 Skoda Felicia 1.3 GLi=20 would cost, and for me it is =A3250 upwards fully comp.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

"Wrecked Exotics"

"Car : Audi A4 Wagon".

Erm...

Reply to
DanTXD

It's easy to spell. "K" then "a."

Reply to
DervMan

Just fed in the Skoda, cheapest quote £114, highest was £217. Still haven't decided what to get but found I can insure a supercharged Jaguar XJR for only £300 :-)

Reply to
Jack

YKIMS.

Reply to
DanTXD

H*F*M?!

It's a 12 year old Toyota, ffs!

Reply to
SteveH

It's shit 911 money.

A sensibly bought Porker shouldn't cost money - no more so than a Supra would.

In fact, I'd say a Porker would cost less to run - so long as you buy one from the right kind of owner / dealer.

Reply to
SteveH

I'd be resonably happy with either to be fair. Or a 944 Turbo :D

Reply to
DanTXD

16 year old Porsche.

Slightly different to a 12 year old Toyota.

Porsche build quality is (or certainly was at the time.... not convinced by the Boxter) probably the best out there.

Reply to
SteveH

Neither as both would be a downgrade in lots of ways, things that can't really be upgraded. How do you go about fitting a tailgate to a Skyline? How do you reduce Skyline's 11.4m and Supra's 10.8m turning circles down to 9.5m? How do you lose 300Kg+ from them? CdA of Skyline about 0.8m^2, Supra around 0.62m^2 how do you reduce this to

0.55m^2 to match a McLaren F1?. I'd spend the dosh upgrading what I have cos it does all of that straight out the box.

Car £2K Suspension - coilovers £600 inc rear camber arms. Brakes + 5 stud conversion £700 Wheels £800 T28BB turbo, FMIC, Grp A fuel pump, 2.75" exhaust, boost valve, induction kit £1.2k tops. stage 3 chip, 300ZX air flow meter, 444cc injectors £400 Clutch £250 = £6K giving you £1K to play with on gauges, seats, paint. lights etc. Yields a 330bhp car. Thanks to light weight and low drag to match it's performance the Supra and Skyline would need 420bhp.

As car is free to me I can put Pauter rods and forged pistons in for about £1K and use the rest for a bigger turbo and manifold for 450bhp. But then I need a Giken 3 gear set to upgrade the gearbox - £1.5K on top.

Look what happens when you save up and put a Skyline GT-S motor in

bet that was a shock, F355 driver's thoughts must have gonesomething like this "What's that F'in Ford Probe doing out here?", "Hecan not be serious", "Bloody hell I've been sold a dud, I want mymoney back!". It might teach him to put the roof on. To emulate thatRB25 400TT both the Supra and GT-R would need 500bhp. Some people inUSA have put Supra engines in instead as that's easier on LHD cars. Orput Pauter rods and forged pistons in original 4 pot 1800cc enginewith bigger turbo and most of what was listed for 330bhp. However youget it, 400bhp in an 1170Kg car with a CdA of about 0.55m^2 will stillgive pretty much the same sort of result. Put one of those full on 1000bhp engines, Supra or RB27DETT in and it will give 265mph, lowered 35mm with a smooth undertray it may top

275mph. But a 1000bhp RB will cost about £30K and will be very fragile unless you spend about £15K more on a Gilken block. Supra engine don't fit in RHD cars easily, as dump pipes want to go though steering column and dents in dump pipe would limit power but that 1000bhp claim is real at a lower price than the RB.

Quote from a Yank who has put a 2JZ in (after doing the RB and finding it could only take 690bhp reliably) "At 788rwhp in low boost for daily driving and 968rwhp in high boost for your weekend thrills, and up to

1050rwhp for those nights when everything is just right. Now we are satisfied. Have we hit the limit for what we want to do? No, But until we can find another car that has this type of looks, combined with handling, and performance. we're going to leave it alone."

And he's claiming REAR wheel hp, must be around 1200bhp at fly. Supra and Skyline will need about 1500bhp to match this. Stuff the Veyron, with long gearing this thing will do about 290mph for under £100K.

Reply to
Peter Hill

No it won't. You've got a 200SX, right? Do you really think that the

200SX's body will allow you to reach 290mph with only 200bhp more than the Veyron? You are aware of the physics required to propel the car through the air and keep it on the ground, right?

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

easy to spell but the thought of a ka just makes me gag :)

Reply to
Vamp

bollocks! 16 year old porsche tech or 12 year old toyota tech? everyone knows the japs are better! plus i bet the supra would beat the porsche hands down in speed and on a track in the bends! modern suspension vs old porsche suspension. i'd take the toyota thanks unless i could afford a proper porsche like a GT3 mmmmmm

Reply to
Vamp

it used to be exotics but they run out lol although an A4 estate is exotic to the old gits round here haha

Reply to
Vamp

You do know just how good a 928S4 is, don't you?

Looking at the above, I think you most probably don't.

Reply to
SteveH

That's total rubbish.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Unforunately, it appears that most young drivers are taken in by the whole Fast & Furious Jap s**te thing.....

Yes, there are some good Jap cars out there, but most are seriously suffering in the soul and character department.

Claiming a Supra is better than a 928S4, though.... that's just fuckwitted.

Reply to
SteveH