Tank Tape

How's tank tape stand up over time? Does it yellow etc? I'm thinking of shoving some on the sills to save people scraping my new paint to f*ck when they get in and out...

Reply to
Doki

Sheets of carbon fibre, you know it makes sense. Although, I've never known paint get scraped off by a shoe heh.

Reply to
Iridium

I'd expect it to get scratched easily and start to peel at the edges. The 3M paint protection film is meant to be good,

Homer

Yank ebay looks like the place to get it. Ta.

Reply to
Doki

You obviously haven't done enough miles then. The van's done 120 thousand odd, admittedly a lot as a florists van with a lot of getting in and out, but that's down to primer on the sill edge. Same with the bird's car that's only done 90 thousand, but then they are both shitroens.

Reply to
Doki

Or UK eBay, under: "3M paint protection film"

Reply to
David Lane

A lot of VX220s have 'armour' on, which are essentially colour coded stickers that are cut to the shape of the body and stuck on to protect the paint. Might be worth a google to see what it actually is and whether you can buy a roll of it?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It's a lot cheaper on US ebay.

Reply to
Doki

My 405 had done ~100k and it didn't do that. I'd be unimpressed if the 206 had at 30k heh.

Reply to
Iridium

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net, Iridium wittered on forthwith;

I'm knocking about in a 405 Diesel estate at the moment, long story, but that's done 200k and it's ok on that as well. The paint in the door shuts is far better than on the rest of the thing...

Reply to
Pete M