Tech Edge O2 unit.

I've built a Tech Edge unit to interface a wideband Lambda sensor with my MegaSquirt. Neither of which is actually fitted to the car yet as I want to make sure everything works properly before doing so. According to the software everything is ok, I've flashed in the latest version and it calibrates in free air ok etc - but I'd like to check it further, as I have suspicions everything isn't quite correct.

What would be an easy way of checking it's actually working? I fitted the sensor in a large tin coffee can lid and lit a candle inside. The O2 reading didn't vary as the candle used up the oxygen and guttered.

I've tried joining the appropriate forum for this device, but didn't get the email needed to initialise the membership. It says to contact the administrator if you have problems, but the link given only works if you are a member...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Stick it up an exhaust pipe?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Finally found an answer. Free air has so much oxygen it's off the scale - even although that's how you calibrate it.

You hold an unlit gas lighter under it - and it should change from off the scale weak to off the scale rich.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)