the idle/hunting problem is almost solved.

Quick update that might help Chet if he gets his clutch/brakes fixed. The Sard R2D2 is a weird animal.

Spent this morning replacing as much vac hose as I could find with silicon, got most of it, except the long one that goes under the idleup and rocker breather pipes, couldn't see where it went to, and didn't have enough left to do anyway.

Decided to screw the Sard adjuster in little more as well.

Went out for 1/2 an hour to let it warm up, and bugger me, it was hunting worse than ever, wasn't taking any higher up the gauge to dump, and was stalling at every junction/lights. Thought I must have a pipe off somewhere.

Got it home, thought I would try a little experiment as no pipes appeared loose or off.

Before attempting to start the car, I wound the Sard adjustment screw out quite a way. Started the car, and it idled but was still hunting.

while running, I turned the Sard adjuster a little more. Idled better but a little low, adjusted the speed adjust screw a little more, and it was slightly higher and a lot smoother.

Wound out the Sard somemore and it smoothed out even more. Still sounds a little uneven, but not enough to show on the tacho.

I reset the ECU, and then started it again, still idling fine. took it out for a run and then brought it back as it was still warm, and is now idling at about 950rpm. Bit high but a lot better.

Will do till next weekend, as I'm off on a midweek break to Berlin tuesday, then I can maybe have a fiddle at the idle speed again.

So, contrary to other dumpvalves, tightening the Sard R2D2 in just increases any leaks, having it looser so that it dumps harder and sooner actually increases the valve seal off boost. very peculier.

Just need to find someone to change the rear diff cushion/bush and find which gasket is leaking arround the manifold/turbo and all will be good.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Clutch is fine, i think it just glazed up a bit from slipping. It was ok after a good hard run

I haven't refitted mine but this is noted!

Reply to
Chet