The importance of being loaded.

Whilst playing with racing cars on Thursday night, our patron put in an appearance.

He bought a Gallardo LP560/4 late last year and his appearance the other night was heralded by supercar type noises coming round the corner.

Only these were not V10 noises, these were exotic V8 noises.

Sure enough, round the corner comes a Maserati Gran Turismo 'S' (£89,000 to save you looking).

So, we asked if he had chopped in the Lambo and got this.

'No, still have that'.

So at that point, my story about chopping in the Skud for a 13 year old Audi seemed rather redundant....

He really is a very nice man. But how much wedge do you need spare before you can spend that sort of cash on supercars plus the X5, plus the other stuff plus a sum which I will not disclose on funding a racing team ? (The team is entirely volunteers, his money pays the bills. This is still a lot of money.)

As I say, I'm well pleased with the A4, even though it needs a few little jobs doing (That's why I have tools), but the whole seemed a bit superfluous at that point ;-).

The final word, once again went to the most senior man on the team. To the bloke with The Money. "Aye, it's nice, really nice. But just like the other one (The Lambo), it's no use to me, you'd never get an 8'x4' sheet in it".

Our man appreciated this particularly well grounded thought.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

"Bob Sherunckle" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I'd have thought "No, but you can in the X5 or the..." would have been an easy response to that...

Reply to
Adrian

Yeah, of course it would have. You'res pot on.

But our man will never ever have such needs for any car. He knows that and we know that. The ridiculousness of the statement and his own ability to genuinely see the funny side are what make it funny I guess.

Maybe you had to be there :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle