The Professionals

I've just done a search on the number plate used on their Capri.

It's now on an Alfa GTV.

I assume the Capri has met it's maker, then.

Reply to
SteveH

In news:1h5zq65.35v0ms1h7j4fvN% snipped-for-privacy@italiancar.co.uk, SteveH decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Which Capri?

Most are still alive, some had fake plates.

I know the silver and gold 3.0S's are still going.

Reply to
Pete M

In news:4377d881$0$41139$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sunsite.dk, Pete M decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Right, from a Professionals site

" t has recently come to my attention that the UK's Drivers Vehicle Licensing Authority issued PNO641T, OAR576W, UOO303T and OWC827W as legitimate registration numbers. These were the "fakes" seen on the white Escort RS2000 and three of the Capris in the series - see below. In order to raise additional funding, the DVLA have begun a programme of auctioning off previously-unreleased numbers. Technically there is no reason why they can't issue the numbers in question - although us fans think of them as being "fake", they were actually "reserved". Twenty-five years later it is perhaps understandable that nobody at DVLA would realise the significance of these numbers. And, in fact, why should their official release be a problem? Well it's just possible that whoever bought them (and the DVLA understandably will not release the successful bidder's details) may have realised their significance and even now is looking for a RS2000 and/or Capris to be passed off as "genuine" Professionals cars. DVLA have been made aware of this potential fraud. (Huge thanks to John O'Connell for spotting this one and Bob Rocca for his tireless investigations!) "

NB: The UOO303T plate was issued as a genuine number by the DVLA in 2003 and is currently sported by a blue Alfa Romeo in the Norwich area. (Thanks to Tracey Lusher-Chamberlain) "

Turns out the Capri still lives, genuine reg is COO 251T.

Reply to
Pete M

It's common for TV cars to have false plates - allow more than one to be used. Also to conceal the true age of the cars. The Bill area cars - the

5 Series - are actually P reg.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)