The pug 305!

Finally took the Peugeot 305 out of it's hiding place at a car park after a year. Most of my mates thought that was it's final resting place - not so...

Rock on!

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

Good to see it lives after all you put into it.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Is it an S or a GT with the twin carbed 1.5 motor in it??

We used to have a GR estate, and before that a string of 304 estates. Now that brings back memories...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

It's a GTX with 1.9 litre injection! A few years ago I used to own a GR as well - 1472cc, single choke carb. Pretty nice engine IMO, and derived from the 304's engine.

The estates were pretty cool load-haulers. Massive boot space. Probably explains why you still see a fair few 305 vans running around - or at least you do in my neck of the woods.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

Cheers, it feels good to finally get it back out in the open. It ended up in that car park a lot longer than I was expecting.

The drive home was a bit odd... picked up some speed and it seems to have developed a vibration at around 40mph - definate up/down motion coming from the front. It felt a bit to me like the shocks might have seized up or something, but they bounce up and down OK. Still, aside from that and the fact the brakes are now virtually useless (hopefully they'll clean up OK), all seems to be pretty much in order. I'm off to do some work on it in a bit!

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

[...]

Scrubs up nice too. :)

If it was sitting still on its tyres they're probably not round any more.

Try swapping the spare in...

Alistair J Murray

in news:Onwje.103357$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk, "Chris B" slurred :

That looks pretty sweet. Scrubs up nice :)

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Good point - think you might be right.

Cheers!

Reply to
Chris B

Thanks.. some of the paintwork's a bit scrappy but I should be able to fix that. After two short drives, the radiator's started leaking though, so I'm gonna have to fix that first!

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

Hurrah :)

Reply to
Nom

Your car collection is 80s tastic

Reply to
fishman

I just realised that every car I've owned has been from the 80's.... wonder what I should get next?

Reply to
Chris B

A Supra.

*grin*

Richard (your car collection is like my synth collection).

Reply to
RichardK

A 560SEC.

A black 560SEC.

Alistair J Murray

Hmm... a Supra... 3 litre would be a step up, plus my g/f doesn't like them, so sold ;)

I've been looking. If you ever have a decent MIDI keyboard for sale with weighted keys, I may be interested. BTW, why haven't you got any Sinclair computers?!?!?!?

;)

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

Heheh...

OMG! Did someone steal my QL?!

(Actually, I probably wouldn't notice if they had...).

I've owned everything Sinclair made post Radionics era, aside from the Black Watch and Zike. I got bored of them ;)

Having said that, I do still have a QL with 768K trump card, dual 3.5" drives (but also working microdrives) and monitor... I've probably got other machines somewhere, I keep finding computers I forgot I had.

Keep an eye out for a Korg T1 like the main one I use. I paid £200 for it with a full flightcase; spent another £80 on parts from Korg. They're dead easy to refurb.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Stop it, just stop it.

Reply to
Pete M

Whoa!!! I think you might be right!

:D

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

Cool, I see it on the website now - don't know why I missed it earlier. I've had a ZX81 and a Spectrum +2, both courtesy of my dad ;)

Sounds good. Will do. Ever since I moved out of home a year ago, I really miss my dad's piano, which I suddenly realise I should have played more often.

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B

[...]

Hehehe...

There's a sorta 'monochrome' one in there - shades of silver with white indicators and big AMG wheels.

Kinda...

...mmmmm...

Pimp.

(needs lowered, just a leeeeetle)