The Skoda

Bloke contacts me the other night asking, "how much will you take for the car ?"

Contacted him back saying £400.

He counters with, "sorry, I have only £300, how does that sound?"

I politely refuse saying that I'll let the auction run.

With 6 hours left to go, he is now the highest bidder at £410...

Isn't life strange ?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Had very similar experiences flogging our van. Most cash offers are a complete piss take, hoping to get it for less than it's worth.

Reply to
Doki

What is it at now? My guestimate was =A3480?

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Frank the Baptist-beg steal and borrow

Elder

What is it at now? My guestimate was £480?

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Nope: he threw you a fish and bit in it himself.

Hit him with a hammer :-)

TDM

Reply to
Tom De Moor

It's gone backwards? £360 now.

Reply to
Elder

Got an email in form the high bidder saying they wanted to withdraw their bid due to the shorter MOT etc. I cancelled his bids - don't want an unwilling buyer.

Back up to £401 now.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

£421 it finished at and the winning bidder lives around a mile from me.
Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I'm chasing something on there at the mo that I won't admit to unless I win it.

It's in Cumbria and I've had cause to venture up as far as Doncaster today so I contacted the guy to make a generous offer on it just so we could collect the whole lot in one day, but he wasn't interested... which is a shame, as I suspect I'll nick it for less that what I would have offered him to end it early.

Reply to
JackH

I wasn't far out then. About a tank of petrol short.

Reply to
Elder