The Weird scope went off the meter.

While hunting for reviews of Ssangyongs I came across the Chairman.

?v=Gad1YA3P094But nicer without the Daewoo Grille
tells me we didn't get them in the UK.

Reply to
Elder

Is it just me, or are the brakes *REALLY* small?

Reply to
Iridium

Probably really really small. Korean city traffic makes New York look the middle of nowhere. They have TV in the car you can watch while driving below a certain speed, because in rush hour you might be there a while. Brakes get rarely used. They even have TV on mobiles (for the last few years) so you can watch that while driving.

Reply to
Elder

They sell them here but I am yet to see one on the road. They are basically a ten year old merc design with slightly different bodywork and a different badge. All made in Korea and about 1/3 the cost of what hte merc would of been.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

That is why they never sold here. Savage savage depreciation.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Now that's something worth having.

Pity we never got them. here. Maybe they knew it would be worth two bob after 18 months.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Apparently, now that Ssangyong are back as their own brand instead of part of Daewoo, a german company that specilised in euroing asian only models is doing the business on them.

They are supposed to be W124 based but styled after the later models, and stuffed full of eastern kit. Leather is thinner and cheaper but still leather.

Just need to find an import one.

Reply to
Elder

And a reliable and cheap source of parts and expertise.

P.S. Yes - I did see the licensed by Mercedes-Benz sticker on the engine. But - even within the models produced by the manufacturer, there are derivatives and sub-derivatives that make the VIN number an essential when buying parts. I like it, but that's a worry.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

True. But could be fun instead of a worry.

Reply to
Elder

Wow, they actually let you download full owners manuals.

And direct for the two Chairman models.
Quite impressive.

Reply to
Elder

There's some class Engrish in them.

Aye, not too bad.

Reply to
conkersack

looks like an old merc to me with probably s**te build quality. good luck not only finding an import one but good luck finding an insurance co with a slightest f*ck to what it actually is! insurance would be more than a skoda i bet and you moaned bout skoda being miles away from you. well they maybe far but will always have a part if needed huh.

bet that barge don't have a nice big merc lump with a strapped on kompressor either!

i'd rather have an old toyota crown or chaser than that or an old E190 merc, v6 cossie one course :)

Reply to
Vamp