Think we have a new saleman at work...

Nice shiney Alfa 166 V6 in the company sales parking area. With Fluffy dice and a cardboard airfreshener hanging from the rearview mirror.

Sure sign of more money than taste. Definate hint at them being in sales.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Oooh, I dunno.

I like my fluffy dice - they're a top comedy item :)

Reply to
Nom

I think it was the alfa Carl was digging at. :D

Reply to
JohnR

In my Skodas and in my Saab, they were suitable Retro Kitsch. Not a new or near new Alfa, with a cardboard airfreshener though.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Nope, I love the 166 V6, just the combination. Fluffy dice have their place in either old bangers, or classic retros in a Kitsch way. Cardboard airfresheners have nothing going for them.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

i wanted the black fluffy dice with white spots i saw in a local halfords for just plan tackyness :) didn't get it though as i couldn't part with the £2 for it

Reply to
Vamp

Well, maybe. OTOH, the Fluffy dice and air freshener suggest they might not be.

Reply to
Questions

Thats what I had, in the Estlelle, the Favorit and the Saab.

I let them go with the Saab, as I didn't think they went with the Celica, and they would have obscured too much windscreen, as the rear view mirror is right in the middle of my normal line of site (not above as normal) as it is.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Hence their presence in the afore mentioned Alfa.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

Hardly call a =A330k 166 a banger?

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

It's left the showroom - it's now a £20k 166 :)

Reply to
Grant

I resent that comment!

Reply to
Andy R

Agreed, I do like them though. And still hardly banger territory yet.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Give it a few more days, down to 15k now after a few hours

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Give it a couple of years - it'll be a £5k 166 then :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Thats the nice thing about them, early ones are below that now already

Especially V6's

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Do you drive an Alfa, are you a Salesman, or do you have a cardboard airfreshener?

Fluffy dice are fine in the right kind of car?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

That depreciation is *COMEDY* ! Work your way down the list, and you're upto £22k within about 8 cars :D

Reply to
Nom

Seriosuly, when it does come to time to replace the Celica, a 166 may=20 well be on the cards, if I don't decide the try a GT4 ST205, especially=20 a V6, say, 1 1/2-3 years, should be able to pick a fairly tidy service=20 history, mainly motorway model for about =A32-3k. And that is definatly in= =20 my price category. Makes a high mileage turbo Passat seem boring and=20 overpriced doesn't it.

--=20 "Sorry Sir, the meatballs are Orf" The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Would you want to drive a high mileage 166 V6 for 500 miles a week.

Burning the contents of your bank account in the back garden would be more profitable...... and this is coming from an Alfisti.

There's a very good reason I didn't go for a £3k 166.

Reply to
SteveH