Thinking of chopping in the WRX...

For a Stagea Wagon. Am I insane? I love my WRX but I could have everything I had with the GTR in a nice big wagon body with lots of electrical toys. I might have to go test drive one tomorrow.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

No the Stagea is much cooler. I'd do it if they weren't so rare over here.

Reply to
Depresion

Very fiiine. One question though - how easy is it to get parts/ knowledgeable servicing for it?

Nick

Reply to
NickD

Most of the mechanical parts are easy to get even in the UK Nissan seem to have the grey import idea covered quite nicely.

Reply to
Depresion

Engine is GTS-t and driveline is mostly GTR. Pretty easy for me to work on and service myself. Body panels are the only major hassle I see.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Fuck soul, phenomenal speed is a decent substitute :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

True, true :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Nope. Awesome leather luxury interior. Satnav, dvd the works.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Did I mention kit? - of course it'll have lots of kit.

But the plastics will be cheap and the leather over-tanned to such an extent it may as well be vinyl.

Reply to
SteveH

Nope. They are really quite nice.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I think we have different definitions of 'nice'.

The Japs. have never done a 'nice' interior.

Reply to
SteveH

Big call considering you've never seen one. Then again it all comes down to taste. I quite like jap interiors. They don't fall apart like Italian ones.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

I must say they aren't bad at all for a jap car of the age. Not quite upto high end German barges though. I just wish I'd had the money to buy the one a mate sold earlier this year even in that metallic green I'd have taken it due to having over 400bhp and an auto that can actually put it down well.

Reply to
Depresion

LS430. GS300, IS200. In fact all current mid price jap cars - corolla, civic, avensis etc. And the galant.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

been in most of those and not impressed, not disgusted either though.

Reply to
Theo

I've pretty much shortlisted my next car to the following:- WRX STI Evo 6.5 Lancer Stagea Legacy B4 Wagon

The Stagea is good but an import so it will probably cost a bomb to insure. After owning a WRX I am really impressed by them.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Have you considered the forester? They are actually quite impressive off road if you ever fancy having a go at that.

Reply to
Depresion

But you drive an Elk class, so are in no position to comment.

Reply to
SteveH

Marea. Nuff said.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

get in a lexus not the lil shit one but the bigger ones, THAT'S a dash! the stereo's in big lexus cars like the LS are fantastic too!

Reply to
Vamp