this Saab vs RST debate

who's up for a showdown then :)

i'll throw me 250 brake RST in the ring then anyone care to follow :)

Reply to
Rob

Well, if you want to throw it up Gollum's ring you'd make a few people happy. (but I'm /not/ following!)

Reply to
Jamesy

You know I'm up for it. Want to make it a 12 lapper of Mallory including the hairpin? Reliability comes in to play then, as well as effects of high G cornering on fluids and tyre walls ;-) Loadsa fun!

Reply to
**-**

Only prob is i dont think me RST is reliable enough to make it to mallory let alone 12 laps lol 21psi says it'll go pop before i hit edinburgh :) how bouts i bring the beemer down when its finished 5.7 chevy powered 3 series :)

Reply to
Rob

Does it handle? LOL

Saab runs 28psi for track use, last about 6000 miles like that.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

Is there a size limit?

I'll throw in my 420BHP MAN TGA but you'll all have to have a 5 tonne handicap -LOL.

Reply to
Conor

Does it handle? LOL

silly question

course not :)

Reply to
Rob

maybe a tug-o-war between you and mr golly-wog. don't give into temptation and throw it into reverse ;)

Reply to
Glenn

Sideways V8 Bimma action around Mallory? F'kin Top Stuff :-)

Reply to
**-**

Can we wait a few months and I'll trailer the locost down ?

It only has 125bhp, but it should weigh 500 kilos when finished and won't eat it's tyres and brakes after a couple of laps. In fact let's add a burgerman nitrous kit as well. 50 bhp onto the 125 will make 175 total - or

350bhp / tonne to make it interesting.
Reply to
John Fitzgerald

The 90 spec being released in 1989... :p

Reply to
Andy Connolly

Ah hell, why not, i'll have student loan by then, 90bhp (minus 90k miles worth and plus K&N 57i ;) ) and 1050kgs :) But it handles well, and i'll race anyone me :)

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

320bhp and 1200kilos, so the locost will have it ;-)
Reply to
**-**

Which reverse gear would you like, 1st or 2nd?

Reply to
Conor

I'll bring my shitbox Rover 420 too. I was thinking about NOSsing that as it's in cracking condition. That'd upset the Kevs...being beaten by a bog standard looking tan interiored (including wheeltrims and carmats) grandadmobile.

Reply to
Conor