This weeks Top Gear

Brera was a nice looking thing wasn't it? And that Aston round the track was awesome. SLR impressed me as well, they're rather cool.

Thats all :)

Reply to
DanTXD

'How do you say "oh, c*ck" in Norwegian?'

Top stuff.

Reply to
SteveH

Had to love the description of Alfas too! :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

wish they never said that, bastard clarkson! now we'll have to put up with SteveH quoting clarkson on that for 30 odd years :) still after the GTV i drove he had a point!

Reply to
Vamp

Erm, Vamp, you do realise I've been using his quote for a couple of years now, don't you?

Reply to
SteveH

Also note he referred to the Alfa owners as 'real human beings'.

Reply to
DanTXD

Ahh, but that was a newer model, not a rusty old tin can ;) I don't think anyone disputes that Alfa's are now good car's but they certainly went through a bad patch...

Clarkson knows his stuff, but the show is now becoming a bit to satirical for my liking...

Reply to
REMUS

I think a lot of people would dispute that.

Its entertainment, its not supposed to be a serious motoring magazine.

Reply to
DanTXD

Classic. James May always comes out with the best one liners.

Reply to
Conor

Well, the 'bad patch' was mainly confined to turning into a pile of rust in rapid time. However, this was pretty usual for all cars of that era.

The 75 comes right at the end of it, just before everything got properly rust proofed. It's taken 15 years for rust to hit anything significant, but the main thing is that it still drives better than most modern sports saloons.

(I started mine up for the first time in weeks tonight. Started first turn of the key, no smoke. I think the engine is fine.....)

*ding*

One of the better episodes tonight, IMHO.

Reply to
SteveH

Best episode was the one with the Ferrari race and bobsled v rallycar in it.

Reply to
DanTXD

He's scarily like someone I know on UKRM.

Reply to
SteveH

Hello,

After looking at the Alpha more closely I think i want one now. I nearly crashed into the back of one by Chester thinking it was lovely. I heard the reliability was a bit hit and miss - but what a great car. I am looking for a 2 litre 156. It beats a rusty old Volvo.

Reply to
news

Grrrrrr!

Heretic.

Reply to
SteveH

Hello,

Congratulations on a post almost completely containing sense all the way through.

But please spell "Alfa" properly.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

oh hannfuglen, apparently...

Justin.

Reply to
Justin Cole

Lovely from the front bumper to the back of the doors then it's a bit of a mess in my mind, the back half is 1/2 147 1/2 Stilo.

Reply to
Depresion

they shoulda made it RWD looking like that!

Reply to
Vamp

There's 4wd on it's way. Lovely.

Reply to