TI gone, now a Swift driver

Well, I'm now back in the trusty Suzuki Swift I bought to keep me mobile while the TI gearbox was shagged.

Has anybody else seen a MK1 Suzuki Swift - I found some pics of similar cars on this site:

I bought the car with 6 months MOT on it and half a tank of petrol in it for the princely sum of =A395. It is very nippy with amazing throttle response and handling on a par with my old MK2 Golf, despite the skinny

10" tyres.

It could do with a front sidelight lens (I bodged a K10 Micra one on for now but it really doesn't fit well) but I can't for the life of me find another example of this car anywhere! I certainly haven't ever seen another one on the road in living memory.

Reply to
fishman

Has anybody else seen a MK1 Suzuki Swift - I found some pics of similar cars on this site:

I bought the car with 6 months MOT on it and half a tank of petrol in it for the princely sum of £95. It is very nippy with amazing throttle response and handling on a par with my old MK2 Golf, despite the skinny

10" tyres.

It could do with a front sidelight lens (I bodged a K10 Micra one on for now but it really doesn't fit well) but I can't for the life of me find another example of this car anywhere! I certainly haven't ever seen another one on the road in living memory.

Not pretty is it :-) Still, for £95...

Reply to
DanTXD

Has anybody else seen a MK1 Suzuki Swift - I found some pics of similar cars on this site:

I bought the car with 6 months MOT on it and half a tank of petrol in it for the princely sum of £95. It is very nippy with amazing throttle response and handling on a par with my old MK2 Golf, despite the skinny

10" tyres.

It could do with a front sidelight lens (I bodged a K10 Micra one on for now but it really doesn't fit well) but I can't for the life of me find another example of this car anywhere! I certainly haven't ever seen another one on the road in living memory.

I looked at one before I got my mk2. No-where near as pretty, and not so good in the suspension stakes, but same old rev happy engine. Huge, odd looking fogs too. And this one had a fair bit of rust too.

There's recent been a hillclimb version on ebay too running on twin 40s IIRC

Which engine have you got? I heard the 1.0 was a bit slow, but the 1.3 (especially in GTi form obviously) was a lot better.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Mine's the 1.3 Carb. very nippy, a lot quicker than SWMBOs 1.2 Clio!

Reply to
fishman