Time to get a new car... :(

hmmm yeah that's ok, i'd do the same kinda style but on a lexus GS :) love the deep dish and stuff

Reply to
Vamp

Remember and get a 4motion if you don't want to watch the traction light flashing all the time. That's my excuse for having SA53 KSX

Remember - it's an A4 Quattro TDI 130 for 3 grand less. I average about 40mpg - about 35 with the locost and the trailer on the back.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

passat 4motion, excellent with handling far superior to that of the 2wd model.

Reply to
Theo

That looks NASTY !

Depression's two links are LOTS nicer :

Nom

Ronny, go for the 150bhp TDI version, I've definitely seen them about (all 3 letters TDI in red) - then soot people in style :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

That's the thing, his latest idea of a Bora means that the 4motion won't be the proper full-time 4WD.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

As I keep saying - proper A4 Quattro multi link rear axle on the 4motion.

Mine is now 1 year and 21,000 miles old. Wonder what it'll be worth at 3 years and 63,000 miles.

My not quite twins

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

In news:iLI%c.3211$K% snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net, Pete M decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

and for todays list of VW woes...

LT35 - clutch death LT35 - door lock failure LT35 - sliding door lock failure

three different LTs, mind.

Reply to
Pete M

Is it just me, or does the Bora scream

'I wanted an A4, but all I could afford was a shitty VW'?

Reply to
SteveH

OI stop putting me off :)

I washed the car today and it will piss me off t oget rid of it, but I really do need a new car if I could get a newer A4 for around the 10k I would trust me.

the most I want to spend on top of part EX on my car is 5k, I dont really wanna be spending no more than 100 quid a month, I paid cash for my audi when it was just under 3 yrs old So I have no finance.

The bora is a poor mans Audi, but it looks nice, its cheap to run, and its got those smooth lines that I love in VW cars, the 4motion only comes with the bigger engines I think, and thats what I wanna get away from :)

I could easily get a 2.8 4motion fully loaded for less than 10k but it defeats the object of buying a more reliable car and cheaper to run :)

If I wanted I could get a S reg S4 but it boils down to me travelling 60 miles a day to and from work, insurance isnt a worry as im old.

If the deal doesnt work out the way I want tommorow night, I will go out and get some 19" RS4 wheels for the Audi and spend the money getting the cam belt done, on the credit card of course :)

Ronny

Reply to
ronny

Still a fair bit. Out of interest, what was it brand new? (did you buy it new or nearly-new, can't remember)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

0009.jpg

please login

Reply to
Theo

> 0009.jpg

Ok - try this

Bob Sherunckle

It was a sniff over 19 grand with the towbar and electrics.

I neither bought it new, nearly new or anything else. It's a leased car. There is no way on earth I would ever consider paying that sort of money on a car. I'm extremely happy to swallow the 60 quid a month contributions to the lease and the personal tax though. I got to pick as well. My two workmates have respectively a Sharan and a 316 compact. I know - I'm very fortunate. I appreciate it completely, no question.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I bagsies the 18's! Am i repeating myself?

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1993 Renault 19 16v - Subtle extras like a T3 ;)1998 Audi A4 - I don't know why, but i did.

Reply to
Chet

>> 0009.jpg

nice passat :P

Reply to
Theo

Who cares ?

I like the Bora - it's a much nicer shape than the Golf, and it seems more "upmarket" somehow.

Reply to
Nom

"ronny" wrote

Bora! That's the worst name EVER for a car!!!!

Except for perhaps, Dedra...

Reply to
fishman

Maserati Bora ?