To mod or not to mod, that is the question

After having a couple of seriously fast cars I am finding the standard WRX as tad slow. I'm in a quandry whether to mod it or to just spend the money on upgrading to an STI. I can't see any good reason to mod, it will cost about the same, give me about the same power and blow my factory warranty, increase my insurance heaps and not end up as tough. It will also not really increase the resale of my car at all. So why would I bother modding?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Quite.

Then you could mod the STI

Reply to
fishman

ISTR many of this this parish came to the descision that really, when modding a car, one should always start with the fastest variant in the range. For pretty much all the reasons you've given.

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Or you could buy a proper car with it's displacement measured in cubic hectares,

3 gears and rear wheel drive.
Reply to
Depresion

Buy an STi, then mod that, you big sheila.

Reply to
DanTXD

3 gears! Yes! In autobox form.

DanTXD - was that untiresome enough for ya?

-- "For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

No.

;-)

Reply to
DanTXD

get rid and get another skyline bitch! you know that's the proper answer :)

Reply to
Vamp

I like the cut of your jib.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Flog it and get something with a displacement of at least six litres. Then supercharge it...

Reply to
Abo

Fuel costs are spiraling out here. And the only 6 litre in my price range is a Holden. *shudder*

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

How much for a gallon (or litre, whatever you guys buy it in) at the moment?

Reply to
Abo

About Aus $1.31 a litre. Or about Aus$1.48 a litre for BP Ultimate.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Isn't a hectare a measure of area? So a hectare^3 would be a higher dimensional object...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yep, that was part or the point, making it a very big engine. One could always argue that all objects are 4 dimensional as they have a temporal plane of existence. But that's rather to philosophical for a Sunday morning after a Saturday night.

Reply to
Depresion

Especially since you posted on the afternoon. Looks like your temporal plane is skewed :P

Reply to
Abo

Something defiantly is, as I was out at 4pm on my way home from a car meet up. My clock's right but most of my e-mails are getting an 8-12hr delay in both directions.Very odd, it's now 07:28am when I post this let's see what NThelL has to say when it turns up (if I can be bothered as the SPA post time is out by about 2hrs as I made it before the F1. (if I can be bothered to spend another half hour on the phone to there customer "service" department at what ever there current rates are).

Ok I'm getting a headache from this as if I e-mail my self from one account to another the time stamps say I get the mail before I have sent it by 7hrs?)

Reply to
Depresion

It seems that there has been a big outage of NTL services and things are all over the place. Amusingly I have heard that one of the things that crashed was the new two million pound a min[1] support phone number.

[1] Ok that may be a slight over estimate of the call costs.
Reply to
Depresion

You probably won't use *much* more with a 6.0 supercharged something or other compared to the STI, eh? :)

Reply to
DervMan

Hell yeah. In my old modded rex I was getting 11 litres per 100kms. In a V8 Commodore I'd be lucky to be getting 20 litres per 100kms.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston