To the driver of the Audi S3 on the A465 this morning

Tailgating someone at 80mph isn't clever.

Neither is overtaking at eeek! mph in a 40mph limit.

However, you made my day when you scared yourself shitless trying to keep ahead of me in the twisties.

The icing on the cake, though, was when I went round the outside of you with one hand on the wheel whilst you lost your bottle and hit the brakes half way through a sweeping right hander.

Reply to
SteveH

Nice. Respond to dangerous driving by driving dangerously....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Not necessarily dangerous, cos he was on his bike.

Reply to
Nom

Funny bike if it's got a steering wheel? ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

Yeah, that 4 wheeled bike sometimes known as a car.

I was in the 155.

Reply to
SteveH

No, he was scared that you were going to lose control of the Alfa, and that you were clearly a nutter for trying to keep up, so had decided to get out of your way.

Reply to
DervMan

Er, you're trying to convince us that cooking-model Alfa 155 vs Audi S3, resulted in you not only keeping up with said Audi, but overtaking him too ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Nom

His sig gives it away - he's not gonna have in hope-in-hell's chance of keeping up with an S3 in "VW Golf GL Cabrio - Alfa 75 TS - Alfa 155 TS Lusso" !

Reply to
Nom

It's not the car, it's the driver.

Reply to
SteveH

Sounds more like not letting the truth get in the way of a good story.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

No, it's the truth.

The driver of the S3 was absolutely shocking. Hence the 80mph overtake in a 40. He was well pissed off that I could pull out quite large distances on him in the twisty bits, and it was the only way he was going to pass me.

Reply to
SteveH

I overtook a 911 turbo once in my old (well, my mums old....) Triumph Acclaim :) I'm pretty sure he was trying his hardest, we came off the top of folkton brow and i just blasted by. There is a slight chance he wasn't flat out of course....or even in gear.....

Reply to
Dan405

"in the twisty bits" he has 4x4, and almost double the peak power of your Alfa (and more weight, granted). His 3.2 V6 makes CHUNK more torque too, and he's gonna have a much wider powerband as a result.

Either his S3 wasn't an S3, or you are Colin Mcrae !

Reply to
Nom

When you use a twisty road every day, it's absolutely amazing the number of people you see in really flashy cars who have absolutely no idea how to drive them.

Like the driver of a Merc CL230 Kompressor who was bimbling along at

45mph and braking for 90mph bends, ffs!

Surprisingly enough, said driver caught me in the 30mph zone.....says it all, really.

Reply to
SteveH

Definitely an S3, but the driver was scared shitless of using even a

10th of it's capabilities.
Reply to
SteveH

'tis very true. Couple of mates in their seat cupras (leon and an ibiza) were following me down a favourite twisty of mine, takes me 6-8minutes end to end (5 miles) and I had to wait over a minute for them to catch up!

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

dream on

Reply to
Johnny

There are plenty of people who can't drive for shit. I've not been far off keeping up with a Pulsar GTi(r?) and an Elise in the Ka before on roads I know well. I've kept up with BMW 330s and Saxo VTSs on occasion too. The driver isn't forced to be any good just because the car has the potential to be fast.

Reply to
Doki

Whenever I see this kind of thing, I'm always thinking that the owner could have saved themselves several grand by buying the version that's more closely matched to their ability.

Reply to
SteveH

It was definitely a case of 'nice car, shit driver'.

Reply to
SteveH