Today I went on a test driving spree.

Phone call from my mate this morning "fancy pretending you're rich?" obvious answer "but of course" "how do you fancy spending the day in some new Jags?" "pick me up in half an hour"

half hour up the motorway to Preston Marriot Hotel...

"Good afternoon Sir, I take it you're here to test the new XJ. Which one would you like to try?" "I'll have the black XJR please" from me "I'll try the black 4.2 sport" from Ste. (cos I'd snaffled the 'R')

"there's the keys, please be back within the hour, just sign the disclaimer"

and off we went...

Ok, 4.2 sport first.

OMFG! this thing's rather nippy, played with the sat nav for a min, then managed to find the Darkness on the radio ( a rather nice Alpine job with DSP and a Sub, built into the sat nav ). Eventually found the sport mode switch and hooned it about for a while. Very responsive, with a lovely but very quiet V8 woofle. Handled well as well, couldn't get the t/c to switch off though, could only get the anti skid malarky off...

then the XJR

Oooh, seats are a lot better in this, if you fiddle with the buttons you can get it nice and comfy and grippier than a bear hug off a fat bird.. The electric steering column and pedal box is a nice touch too. Better stereo set up in this one as well, all touch screen jobbie, and the sat nav gives you a picture of the motorway signs, which is a nice touch. Seems a fair bit louder too, but the Darkness aren't on the radio now so I can't do a 70's Glam Rock boogie down the M6. Now, what's this supercharger malarky like?

Foot down.

doesn't seem to be doing much, can hear a slightly louder V8 woofle turning to a rumbly bark with a metallic whine that sounds like it's coming through the front tweeters.. that'll be the supercharger.. doesn't seem very responsive really... ang on... the traffic's all slowed down. Why's everyone doing 30?

"Jeeeeeeeeeeeezus this things quick, foookinell"

goes and finds quiet A roads.

me want me want me want me want me WAAAAAAAANTTTTTT!

Reply to
Pete M

In article , snipped-for-privacy@blueMOONYOUSAWMESTANDINGALOOOOONEyonder.co.uk spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Yers, Forced induction cars have that effect don't they, the rest of the traffic standing still effect that is.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

The old T16's more than most, being carried past traffic on a wave of torque is a truely great feeling LOL

Reply to
**-**

Like when I went over the M62 to Huddersfield. Ove the summit (highest motorway in britain), it felt nice to know all that thinner air was getting forced in, instead of being asthmatically sucked in, like the Beemers that I was casually cruising past..

Reply to
MeatballTurbo