Today I will be mostly.

Doing the Prodrive factory tour for charity. I bet they won't let me borrow one of the DBR9s. I'm just not sure what to do tomorrow, TOTB or Silverstone Historic Festival (or just stay in bed).

Reply to
Depresion

Me too!!!!!!!

I'll be there in a grey VX220 Turbo if you spot us

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Lucky bastard. I'm looking after my son and building an in the wall fishtank.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Now those two are lucky things. Your son won't remain as he is forever, and in-the-wall tanks are awesome.

Reply to
DervMan

We're going to the seaside with the kids. Sandsend first to build some sandcastles, and then to Whitby for a mooch, and fish and chips from the Magpie.

Bet it'll be bedlam at Whitby this weekend...

Reply to
Abo

Yep. Son has been running amok. We have been looking at some WRX's with a mate. I've convinced him to turn towards the 4wd turbo dark side.

The tank is going to be good. I'm taking some pics as I do it so I'll post results as I get them.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Lucky bugger. It's bloody cold here at the moment.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Perfect. Any child of mine will be weaned on direct injection turbodiesels.

We have a straightforward 4' 200 litre tank, which we relocated to this second (third) floor flat... it looks scruffy inside at the moment thanks to too-high temperatures and algae growth, but, it rocks.

Reply to
DervMan

D'oh - it's a 4" tank naturally...

4" by 2" tall by 1" wide. Quite an unusual shape. Used to belong in the GNER York Travel Centre before it was liberated. They were going to throw it away!
Reply to
DervMan

Are you sure about that?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

*cough*

It's 126cm long, heh... mutter mumble about late up and glowplugs are faulty today...

Reply to
DervMan

You'll be driving right past me :-) Yes, it IS bedlam on the roads here the moment...

Reply to
DanTXD

Mine is going to be 5 x 3 x 1. Should look pretty cool when it is finished.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Wow. Nice. Very nice. 3' tall or wide? Either way it'll look great built into the wall.

Have you kept stuff before? What are you keeping now?

This time, we're sticking to low maintenance types, easy to keeps, but the rewards are just the same. In winter more so, when the tank becomes a corner light.

Our TV is tiny, our tank much larger... :)

Reply to
DervMan

1 foot wide. It will be glass both side because it is a wall between the hallway and the kitchen. I'm going for neons and goldfish in it. Mainly for low maintainence. Still got a bigger TV though. ; )

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Scupper the Goldfish idea, then: they're very dirty fish. I'd recommend Platys, they're easy to keep and rewarding to watch their behaviour. However, be careful, they breed very well...

Reply to
DervMan

Ooooh - 200 litres of water in 8 cubic inches of space - that's serious pressure. As is the weight of 200kg of water on 52 sqcm - that's 55 lbs/sq in...

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

And of course, water really doesn't compress very easily...

D'oh...

Reply to
DervMan

We've got a blue flourescent tube in ours - great at night, especially when you having a party - looks awesome!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

My mates has one of those so they think it's night time - marine fishes. They have a nemo and a dory :)

Reply to
DanTXD