Tomorrow is the big day.

Going to pick up the Rangie. No radio in it, so will be really pikey and have the V8 accompanied by The Cramps, Devilish Presley, Zombina and the Skeltones, The CruxShadows and Black tape for a Blue girl, plus whatever else I feel like copying over to the phone.

4Gig memory cards are cool.
Reply to
Elder

Big day for me, too.

I'm getting the train up to JonCedric's to collect the 75.

Where's the Rangie coming from?

Reply to
SteveH

Kidderminster. If it makes it back without an AA call, all should be well. Going to take it easy, and I have the LPGMap on TomTom installed on the phone. So, I can find fuel and if it breaks down, I can Tell the AA exactly where I am ;)

Good luck with the 75, it should be a beauty when it comes back.

Reply to
Elder

Heh. I've just been through the routine....

iPod... check Garmin... check PPC Phone with fully charged spare battery... check (it can do internet, TV and Radio on the train) Assortment of leads to charge my phone and iPod in the car, plus my portable Bluetooth kit... check

Just need cash now.

Just be prepared to walk away from the Rangie if it's sheddier than B&Qs shed department.

Cheers, I trust the Jon has done a good job.

He liked the 75 so much, he's looking for one for himself now....

Reply to
SteveH

Looking at the photos, it will be fine, the ones underneath showed good metal. I'm expecting some work, so it goes in for MOT straight away, so there is time to get the work done before it expires.

Reply to
Elder

A Rover V-8 gives you all the music you'll ever need.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Are you two lovers ?

;-)

Seriously, what's with all the cordiality allofasudden. :-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Chainsaw for christmas?

Reply to
Abo

LOL...

One carrier bag with tow rope and jump leads in. Two carrier bags full of leads to run all the toys.

Have you got to the point where you're daisychaining those 3 way cig lighter socket adpater affairs yet?

Reply to
Conor

I was just thinking that.

I also read the last word in that sentence as "alfasudden" :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Actually, it does sound rather nice, even with windnoise at motorway speeds. Even drives fairly well, despite the 3.5" lift, and the steering wheel binding on the plastic surround. Looks like he didn't put a spacer back or something, there is also a metal bar joining the surround to the dash with self tappers, so I removed them, wedged the wheel and the surround appart then refitted the surround. Still catches a little, but doesn't restrict turning the wheel like it did. Chassis looks solid, body is dinged, and dented, but generally solid apart from a small hole next to the tailgate. Lower tailgate is solid, upper tailgate is pretty shagged along the bottom edge. As long as it passes the MOT with minimal work, all gravy. I am a convert.

Runs great on LPG above 1200RPM, once dropping to idle it dies. but starts OK again on petrol, reckon because of jams I did the return journey on about 30% petrol. Autobox shifts OK. Paid over the odds at Halfords because the proper factors close early round here, but I got plugs, leads, and dizzy cap, off the shelf without ordering.

Front seats adjust properly on electrics. Leather is a little cracked but not ripped. Good feed will sort that.

Reply to
Elder

Rough, but solid, not a bad drive, but no gocart, but I expected that with the 3.5" lift.

Bought the plugs and leads, because it drives on, but won't idle on LPG. Going to fit them tomorrow and find out how to adjust the Kargas regulator.

Reply to
Elder

Luckily my phone is my MP3 player and sat nav, all built in one. And one ciggy lead. I dodn't need jump leads or a tow roap. Even the AA card remained in the wallet.

Reply to
Elder

The Album, Taste The Blood Of Zombina & The Skeletones

Good album,

Reply to
Elder

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder wittered on forthwith;

Good man, I knew you'd see sense eventually.

Gap the plugs to less than standard, like 0.7 instead of 0.9, it'll make a big difference when it's on gas.

Plugs, leads etc your best place would have been LR Spares in Speke.

Reply to
Pete M

I know. I paid the Halfords Tax, because the couple of plaes still open in Warrington had to order in, and halfords had them.

I fancy putting them in tomorrow, unless I find that I'm going to need 3 arms to do one side or anything else equally silly.

You ever worked on a Kar-Gas system?

Reply to
Elder

Sure is. You got Death valley High?

Reply to
Abo

I haven't but I'll chase down a copy

Reply to
Elder

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, Elder wittered on forthwith;

No, but they're all pretty much the same. Do you need a hand?

Oh, by the way, plugs are easy..

Call me if you need a hand, I might be able to get my hands on an LPG reading Co2 meter (well, it's in Warrington), and I've got the HBoL for the Strangie.

Reply to
Pete M

I'll send you a copy if you like? I've got some of their ep's too, like 'I was a Human Bomb For The FBI' too...

Reply to
Abo