Took Burgermans advice

Today I dumped the K&Ns off the V8 and put the standard airbox back in place and gave it a direct cold air feed (in a V8 Sierra stylee). No more nasty resonating noises produced, which is nice. So the engine bay now looks like this:

And thanks to Dave Plowman the outside now looks like this:
you spot the difference? So, of course, a wee test drive was in order:
much smoother :D So big thanks to Burgerman and Dave!!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

That looks beastly and functional hehe :-) In a good way, much prefer it to those old K&Ns.

Those wheel centre caps?

I gave you 5 stars :-)

Reply to
DanB

Heh, I liked the look of the K&Ns, but if they're crap they had to go. Strangely the guy i bought them off never had any resonating noise problems with them on his engine in his TR7. So they just dont like my car. Ah well I'll whack em ob Ebay later.

Gold star for you!

ta :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Sounds like the sierra other than theres no tyre squeeling when you hit 2nd and 3rd...

Reply to
Burgerman

Yes: it drives faster than the rain... because it's dry under the car.

Kisses all round: here ya go, Mr Gibbs ;-)

Tom De Moor

Ps : you keep those rims bloody neat, it must be said!

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Aaarr! You have a womans arms, sir!! ;-)

Sounds quite like mine actually. I'll have to get a clip up. Although mine only does the noises :-(

Reply to
PCPaul

They're accountants arms :)

Do it!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Cheers. I think :)

They've only just gone on there and I gave them a clean a few weeks ago when I was showing it. They're not perfect, but they were a bargain for £26!! Although the front one you can't see is a bit manky but I'm trying to source a decent one to replace it with.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

That sounds bloody nice

Reply to
Elder

Why thank you. I'm pretty pleased with the soundtrack I've acheived :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs