Top Gear.

Heh. What a fantastic regret to have. Mind you, RS6... mmmmm. One day, it will be mine. It'll be 30 years old and be firing on 3 cylinders before I can afford it, mind...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

d@mn - someone else said it first! But since an Octavia is a rebadged A4 (well, kind of....) how about fitting the V8 into the engine bay? I guess you'd have to majorly rejig the suspension and so on, but bingo - Q car fame!

Nick

Reply to
NickD

The very same.

Heh, that's a lithe sportscar compared to the Avis supplied Renault Kangoo I was driving. What felt like pushing the limits of what was safe/sensible was still holding up a queue of saloon cars and hatchbacks behind me. Still, =A370 for three days' hire and it only used

18 Euros of fuel in three days of Alpine driving. They let me pick it up in St Tropez and drop it off in Nice too, which was er, nice.
Reply to
fishman

I wonder if it's any easier to change the spark plugs on that engine than it was in the donor car?

Reply to
fishman

In the fantasy world where I work, parking next to one has gotten rather=20 boring. S500, S600 Carlsson, AMG C36, ML class, 911 turbo, Boxster S, M3, 6=20 series cabrio, F355, S4, 735, F355, F360, 550M

All with first or second owner from new. All working for different departments of the company to where I work=20 except the S500 which is owned by my 28 year old share holding=20 development director boss. Apart from that, the rest of the cars in our=20 dept are, my Saab, a newish Astra (the most valuable in the dept after=20 the S), a MK6 1.3 Escort that has been to South of france and back=20 several times, yet never been washed, and a Corsa. There was a rover=20

200, but he felt sorry for it, so put it out of it's misery with the=20 back of a Taxi.

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

There is one, it is called the continental GT (look up Skoda Tudor concept).

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Probably as there'd be no air conditioning.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ok, watched it now. The RS4 was better than I expected to be fair, didn't seem to Audi at all. I'd still rather have a 355 though - if Clarkson was comfy in one, i'm sure i would be as he's a lot bigger than me.

Ian Wright's lap was legendary. The remote control cars were very amusing. I'd rather have the RS4 than the Cayman i think.

Reply to
DanTXD

The RS4 is faster and more powerful tho, and looks better, and has nicer wheels, and a better interior.

Reply to
DanTXD

Kind of sort of meaning not related in any way at all, then.

Reply to
SteveH

No chance of that happening without major work as the Octavia shared very little with the A4 being built on the Golf platform it's set up for a transverse engine not longitudinal. The Superb may be a better bet.

Reply to
Depresion

No air con on a £50k car? I'm ringing them in the morning to cancel my order. (They wanted extra to put in a Sat Nav system as well.)

Reply to
Depresion

turbo.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Hmmm, W12 tri-turbo.

*wibble*
Reply to
SteveH

Really like the look of that.

Reply to
conkersack

It'll be close ;-)

Rear legroom in an A4 is almost as non-existant as it is in a Ferrari, anyway....

Reply to
SteveH

MMMMMM M5 like the nerdy computer in them! although liked the older M5, but more Q looking except the quad pipes at the rear

Reply to
Vamp

Yea i noticed that last time i was passengered in one, it was ridiculous, theres more space in the back of the 206 ffs.

Reply to
DanTXD

It looked even worse in the RS4 with it's big bucket seats.

The only thing I currently miss about the Passat, and even my old 155, was the amount of rear legroom. It's, frankly, s**te in the Marea.

Christ knows how Fiat thought they could pitch a Marea against the Mondeo.... it's closer to an Orion in size.

Reply to
SteveH

Passengers should be thankful of a lift. Moaning about lack of legroom would get them kicked out in my car!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs