Turbo Gaskets

Anyone any links to online sellers of those metal squish gaskets for manifold>turbo and turbo>downpipe?

Used to have a great site with gaskets and flanges etc but can't find it now

Reply to
Chet

In article , snipped-for-privacy@eircom.net spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Don't know mate, but if you find the link, let me know as I might be needing some for the toyota later.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

HKS do ones for Toyotas. Don't know about the 19.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

In article , snipped-for-privacy@jcis.com.au spouted=20 forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Cheers Fraser. Will look up a UK supplier for those if they are needed=20 this time round.

I think the biggy for me will be if the Manifold itself has cracked.=20 It's a two piece exhaust manifold/head gasket (one half for each pair of=20 cylinders) and comes in at arround =A390 + VAT from Toyota. Will see if=20 any of the grey import type people do them, unless HKS can offer=20 stronger versions of them too.

--=20 Carl Robson "Sorry Sir the meatballs are orf" (The poster formerly known as Skodapilot)

Sleeker GT Phwoar

I think they do. The factory manifold is made to a budget. Aftermarket ones will give you heaps better flow.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Actually, I've been speaking to some of the UK/US Toyota Tuners. A lot of the 3S-GTE tubular manifold have no significant benefit unless you are going above 400BHP, and almost all of them crack in use, require non standard turbo oil lines and don't include the tubo bracing/support which causes the cracking. The stanbard 3S-GTE manifold is supposed to be one of the better ones, and it supports the twin entry turbo propely which a lot of the aftermarket ones don't as they are primarily designed for garrett flanges. Having said that, I do like what Fensport have done to this Corolla.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

Only places i can find are in america so i'll just get them from the place in the UK i got the turbo from, that means ringing :(

Incase anyone has any in the shed, they're garrett T28 gaskets ;)

Reply to
Chet

what (if any) cars to T28's come as standard on?

i've got a pile of turbo's in a garage.

mainly of cossies (saph) and S1/S2 RSt's but thre's a few others :o)

Reply to
Mason

I dunno if they use the standard housings tho. The ones i'm after are the ones in #15003 here:

Actually i think my first question should have been "Are the metal gaskets reusable?"

Reply to
Chet

shouldnt think gaskets are re-usable no.

I was thinking more of selling you as turbo if I had one :o)

Reply to
Mason

Found these guys. Haven't looked to see if they do what we both do/might need.

Sleeker GT Phwoar

My new roller bearing T28 is good enough thanks ;)

Reply to
Chet

wimp ;o)

Reply to
Mason

Pointless Trivia : Klinger head-gaskets come as standard on the later Rover T16 Turbo lumps (like mine). They replaced the older not-as-strong one.

Reply to
Nom

might be worth contacting then.

Reply to