TVR ignition remote?

I have seen a few newer TVR's without any keys just a remote. How does this all work? What is the sequence to start the car? Are there any time limits?

The reson I ask is not becasue I am looking at theiving one...

I would like to unlock the central locking on my car get in and push a button to start it, this would be much easier than normal. I would obviously not go to this extent in any old road car but becasue I am rewiring the whole car it would be worth making my life easier... I just wondered how tvr do it...

Thanks Tim

Reply to
Tim

Do you mean start from a distance without actually being in the car? This is done by having the ignition start the car when you unlock it and then when you get in you put the key in and press the brake pedal twice or somesuch sequence..

If you mean just unlock it and then get in and press a button its done on some other cars that you put the remote in a slot (eg Renault Laguna) although I'm not sure with TVRs...

Reply to
Ben Organ

I would imagine it just works on a transponder basis, so as long as the remote "key" is within a metre or so of a sensor inside the dashboard, the ignition will be connected and the starter button will operate.

Reply to
James